GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo: the year it fights back"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/01/02 at 00:12
Regular
Quite frankly I cant see PS2 gaining a lead throughout 2002.
Nor can I see the XBOX swelling to the front.
Nintendo will naturally bounce back with a vengence.

Sadly for Sony this is Nintendo's year and years there after.
Roll on Spring, I can't wait.
Tue 01/01/02 at 16:43
Regular
"everyone says it"
Turbonutter wrote:
> But the PlayStation 2 was scheduled do have direct competition from the Xbox and
> GameCube. Furthermore, its market has seen heavy competition for years. The only
> competition the Game Boy has had is the next Game Boy!

Shock horror... I saw GAME selling Game Gears... so thats competition, we can include them in going by your lines then...

also, a company in the year X will release a handheld called X... premises with holes there TBN.
Tue 01/01/02 at 16:43
Regular
Er-no wins it with a killer there...
Tue 01/01/02 at 16:41
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
But the PlayStation 2 was scheduled do have direct competition from the Xbox and GameCube. Furthermore, its market has seen heavy competition for years. The only competition the Game Boy has had is the next Game Boy!
Tue 01/01/02 at 16:34
Regular
"everyone says it"
Turbonutter wrote:
> Ah, but we're not arguing about which company will make the most profit, we are
> arguing about which console will sell more.

The GBA has no competition at all
> because it lives in a market all in its own. How can you include something in a
> "console war" when it's not fighting anything?!

er-no, stop being
> silly and grow up.

Contradicting yourself there quite a lot Turbo.

Wasn't it for many months we had a playstation2 in the market with no competition what so ever? Dreamcast and N64 dead... so how about we don't include the PS2 in any sales or argument.

hush I believe.
Tue 01/01/02 at 16:29
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Ah, but we're not arguing about which company will make the most profit, we are arguing about which console will sell more.

The GBA has no competition at all because it lives in a market all in its own. How can you include something in a "console war" when it's not fighting anything?!

er-no, stop being silly and grow up.
Tue 01/01/02 at 16:25
Regular
"everyone says it"
Turbonutter wrote:
> Stop being pedantic. You know as well as I do it can't be included in console
> wars arguments;.

It can so very easily. Nintendo as a company are doing amazing well because of the GBA (profits and shares). ITS LIKE LEAVING OUT ONE OF THE BIGGEST FACTORS.

Ok then, next console wars topics, lets leave out the consoles. derr
Tue 01/01/02 at 16:17
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Stop being pedantic. You know as well as I do it can't be included in console wars arguments;.
Tue 01/01/02 at 16:15
Regular
"everyone says it"
Turbonutter wrote:
> Grix Thraves wrote:
> Hmmm... I'd argue with that, just because of the
> Gameboy Advance. It's getting
> very popular to have one, and it's
> definitely getting the word Nintendo into
> everyone's head.

We've had
> this out a thousand times before. We're talking about consoles at the moment,
> and the GBA doesn't count. A lot of people see handhelds seperate from consoles,
> and whereas they usually wouldn't dream of having two consoles, owning a console
> and a handheld is perfectly acceptable. The handheld market is totally seperate
> and is a market in which Nintendo dominate through monopoly.

Sorry TBN. You are wrong, the GBA is classified as a console, due to its abilty to ownly play games, its a mainstream hardware console. Much alike the Playstation, the only difference is the word 'handheld'.
Tue 01/01/02 at 16:13
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
$lik wrote:
> yes but when you think
> about it the ps2 and x-box are just multi-media set-top boxes for the casual
> gamer

Oh, so just because it makes use of cheaper and superior technology like DVD and has the ability to play them it ceases to be a console?

> and are not really in direct competition with Nintendo as the Gamecube is
> purely a games console for the hardcore gamer

No, it's purely a console for people who like Nintendo. It's their loss they don't have a DVD player, not ours.

> anyway the gamecube will allways
> outsell any other consoles

What, because it's Nintendo? Didn't work for the N64, did it?

> that a thought of as rivals anyway plus nintendo
> allways make the best games

We've had this out before. Do you really want me to post those painful statistics that prove the PlayStation has better games again?

> so i don't think nintendo have anything to worry
> about in terms of competition.

I think you're as stupid as you are blind and biased.

> slik ~_~

Really silk? Was it you who posted this? Wow, I'd have never have guessed it was you, even WITH your name just to the left of this post! Please, put your name on the bottom of all you posts, just so I can be doubly sure that it's you.
Tue 01/01/02 at 16:10
Regular
I am a solid Nintendo fan, but I think that the X-Box with be more popular. Not that I want it to be, but, to be honest loads of people are making a big thing of the X-Box, and leaving the Gamecube out, making it look small and trashy.
For example, in Blockbuster yesterday, looking in their latest games leaflet, with Metal Gear Solid 2 on the front of it...look on the back of it. It says coming soon, NEW PS2 GAMES, NEW PC GAMES and 'X-BOX- Microsoft's new super console will be with us on 14 March...blah, blah, blah.'
NOTHING about the Gamecube.
Talking of Blockbuster, do any of your local Blockbusters still rent out N64 games anymore...cos mine doesn't!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.