GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Daily Gaming Chat - the latest and greatest (and the rest)..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/11/11 at 10:42
"Are you sure?"
Welcome to Freeola's Daily Gaming Chat!
Post your Gaming gossip and comments here...

Overheard

...Super Mario Land 3D reviews have scored higher (from IGN and EuroGamer at least) than both MW3 and BF3.

*Remember...*
You can Win Free Games here on Freeola just by chatting, reviewing or adding game cheats and walkthroughs!

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Page:
Tue 20/09/16 at 16:41
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Some delay is probably better anyway, it needs a patch or two.
Tue 20/09/16 at 09:04
"possibly impossible"
My Bioshock Remastered downloaded the other day so I'm itching to give it a go. Problem is I've also got other stuff to play, too.
Mon 19/09/16 at 14:11
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
dav2612 wrote:
I spent a bit of time in Rapture over the weekend. I've just moved on from reacquainting with Sander Cohen. Perhaps it is the 1080p visuals but I'm definitely a lot worse at this game than I used to be. Still love it though.

Good ol' Sander... what a looney nutjob he is! (you get a much better idea of just how bad he is in Burial at Sea...).
Mon 19/09/16 at 09:10
Regular
"And in last place.."
I spent a bit of time in Rapture over the weekend. I've just moved on from reacquainting with Sander Cohen. Perhaps it is the 1080p visuals but I'm definitely a lot worse at this game than I used to be. Still love it though.
Mon 19/09/16 at 08:42
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Having checked, there are, apparently, two formats for the cd key on Bioshock, one with 15 digits, one with 20.

One format is compatible with Steam, the other is not...
Sun 18/09/16 at 16:17
"possibly impossible"
chasfh wrote:
Dr. Garin wrote:
[i]chasfh wrote:
[i]Tempted to buy the Bioshock collection myself as it has an upgraded version of the original game. Rather cheeky of them to offer the free upgrade if you have the originals on Steam only, as I suspect that the majority of gamers who played it when it first came out have what I have; GFWL...

You know that if you've got the GFWL key or proof of purchase you can get a steam key, right? If you don't have either of those, there is also this.[/i]

Doesn't work for the first Bioshock, I tried. The second, yes, already done, but the first, no...

Also worked fine for Batman Arkham City and various others, but not the first Bioshock game.[/i]

I had the GFWL version and they sent me an email when the service was being shut down to transfer to steam. Thankfully that means I now have the remaster.
Wed 14/09/16 at 18:32
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Dr. Garin wrote:
chasfh wrote:
[i]Tempted to buy the Bioshock collection myself as it has an upgraded version of the original game. Rather cheeky of them to offer the free upgrade if you have the originals on Steam only, as I suspect that the majority of gamers who played it when it first came out have what I have; GFWL...

You know that if you've got the GFWL key or proof of purchase you can get a steam key, right? If you don't have either of those, there is also this.[/i]

Doesn't work for the first Bioshock, I tried. The second, yes, already done, but the first, no...

Also worked fine for Batman Arkham City and various others, but not the first Bioshock game.
Wed 14/09/16 at 16:40
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
chasfh wrote:
Tempted to buy the Bioshock collection myself as it has an upgraded version of the original game. Rather cheeky of them to offer the free upgrade if you have the originals on Steam only, as I suspect that the majority of gamers who played it when it first came out have what I have; GFWL...

You know that if you've got the GFWL key or proof of purchase you can get a steam key, right? If you don't have either of those, there is also this.
Wed 14/09/16 at 16:08
Regular
"And in last place.."
chasfh wrote:
Tempted to buy the Bioshock collection myself as it has an upgraded version of the original game. Rather cheeky of them to offer the free upgrade if you have the originals on Steam only, as I suspect that the majority of gamers who played it when it first came out have what I have; GFWL...

Bioshock 2, however, I have on Steam. Perhaps I'll see how much that's improved before I make a decision.

I own the original on my PS3 and Infinite via PS Plus. It would have been cheaper to buy Bioshock 2 again and the DLC for Infinite but what the heck, it's Bioshock. As with all these remasters, the 'improvements' aren't glaringly obvious but what the heck, it's Bioshock.
Wed 14/09/16 at 15:12
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
dav2612 wrote:
I spent a couple of hours with the Forza Horizon demo. I don't often spend that long on a demo but enough to do in single and online modes to merit the time spent. Lovely looking game with a good setting, I'm all set for the main event now.

But before that, I've got Bioshock Collection coming.

Bioshock 2, however, I have on Steam. Perhaps I'll see how much that's improved before I make a decision.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.