GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"is the x-box good enough for me to sell my PS2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 22/12/01 at 11:02
Regular
what do i do? what do i do?
i need help!
Do i sell my ps2 raising the money for an X-box or not?
When i first got the PS2 i was, obviously, dead against the X-box, but now more info is coming out about the X-box i am beginning to worder whether i made the right decision when buying a PS2.
I am now trying to decide whether i should sell my PS2 which is on its 2nd wave of games, and buy an X-box which will mean i have to go through all the launch process of a console again, waiting for some good game line-ups.
What im asking for is opinions and info from pals who are also thinking of turning to the dark side or fans of the X-box/PS2. Know of any good games for the X-box? Anyone know how much better the x-box is graphically? Then please help! I dont want to make a mistake!
Let me hear from ya!

Mike
Sat 22/12/01 at 21:39
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Oh, and shocky... dissing the xbox's pad is the most pathetic thing I have ever heard come from you!

Sonic
Sat 22/12/01 at 21:37
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
The_Flying_Hawkstar wrote:
> If you want the greatest games on earth stick with your PS2 bu if you dont care
> about giving all the great games then go ahead and buy an XBOX and dwell over
> what a mistake you've made when all your friends are talking about
> (GTA3,MGS2,FFX and all the other greats)and your standing there alone saying how
> great HALO is and DOA3.

What??? There are far more great games coming out on the xbox...

Oh, and shocky, I can't take you seriously after what you said in the Xbox forum in the "Xbox crashed at E3" topic... you drew upon the views of a guy who later admitted he was a complete idiot and the xbox was great!

I have certainly not fallen into the xbox trap.. I think it is you who has fallen into the anti-xbox trap!

Sonic
Sat 22/12/01 at 21:03
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
I know Halo, Gotham Racing and Dead Or Alive 3 look great, but what really bugs me is the fact that I can't see the games being great to play.
If you ask me, Sonic - you've simply been lured into Microsoft's trap - the trap for the gullable! Luring you in with fantastic graphics and then disappointing you with shoddy gameplay.
"You haven't played it though, Shocky!" - I don't care, look at the controller! Can you honestly say that you'll have fun with such a brick?! Crikey, arthritis will be popping its head arund the corner after just 2 hours of playing!

Anywho, there are better games on the PS2 and Gamecube, so there'll be no point whatsoever in buying an Xbox.

Although, that Halo does look good...:D
It got 10/10 in Edge Magazine...looks great...hmmm...

But then again, they could of been bribed ;-D

I'll have to wait and see - I'll be getting a Gamecube for certain, because I can actually RELY on them to produce great games, rather than risk my money on a console that has only just made an appearance in the industry.

Keep your PS2!

SHOCKY
Sat 22/12/01 at 20:46
Regular
Get a gamecube and or a GBA
Sat 22/12/01 at 20:40
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
sell you PS2 and then you can get a GC and some games and a GBA

Much much better deal
Sat 22/12/01 at 20:36
Regular
If you want the greatest games on earth stick with your PS2 bu if you dont care about giving all the great games then go ahead and buy an XBOX and dwell over what a mistake you've made when all your friends are talking about (GTA3,MGS2,FFX and all the other greats)and your standing there alone saying how great HALO is and DOA3.
Sat 22/12/01 at 20:12
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Ok, let me put this to you PS2 fanboys.

If DOA3, Halo or Project Gotham were coming to the PS2, they would be the most hyped games ever. They are superb, they are as good as anything on the PS2, and to say otherwise is just foolish.

I think it's undeniable that the Xbox will have a better launch selection than the PS2, and is certainly a great console.

It's just that, unless you bother to check out the games, you'd never know how great some of them are.

Don't get me wrong... I own a PS2, and won't be selling it soon... but had the xbox come out at the same time as the PS2, I'd definately be getting one of them simply because the games rock.

Sonic
Sat 22/12/01 at 18:22
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Keep your PS2 and don't make the mistake of sacrificing a fantastic console for a console that might not be that good. So far DOA3 for Xbox has caught my eye as a great title for the debut console. I only saw this yesterday on Thumb Bandits and that and Halo were games that really made me cringe for the Xbox. But what else have they got? I know GTA3's coming soon, but really Xbox cannot match up to what PS2 has in store. The Matrix is coming, Virtua Fighter 4, MGS2 and so on...so many games that are too good to miss. If you get the Xbox, you're sure to hear about PS2 releases and I'm sure you would regret selling your PS2. I am also tempted by the stunning visuals the Xbox has to offer as a PS2 owner, but there's no way I would sacrifice PS2 to get an Xbox. It promises so much, but still we're too uncertain to believe. Why not just stick with what you're certain's going to be a hit and if you're still desperate for an Xbox save up, but don't sacrifice your PS2.
Sat 22/12/01 at 18:04
Regular
"Sally On Weekdays!"
Keep the PS2 mate! I don't think you should sacrifice your PS2 for another console, however good it is. I don't believe in selling something you own to get something else that's better - that's just my philosophy on life.

With Christmas coming up, you should get quite a lot of money, so I suggest that you take your Christmas money, along with any spare notes you may have laying around and save, save, save! If you keep strictly to this, by the time of X-Box release, you should have a lot of money - possibly enough to purchase an X-Box. If not, permitted you are still a youth (and maybe not), sweet talk your parents into paying half or how much more money you need to buy it. Also, get a job!

Parents/Grandparents rule!

Remember - every penny counts!
Sat 22/12/01 at 17:22
Regular
"  "
Keep the PS2!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.