GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"is the x-box good enough for me to sell my PS2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 22/12/01 at 11:02
Regular
what do i do? what do i do?
i need help!
Do i sell my ps2 raising the money for an X-box or not?
When i first got the PS2 i was, obviously, dead against the X-box, but now more info is coming out about the X-box i am beginning to worder whether i made the right decision when buying a PS2.
I am now trying to decide whether i should sell my PS2 which is on its 2nd wave of games, and buy an X-box which will mean i have to go through all the launch process of a console again, waiting for some good game line-ups.
What im asking for is opinions and info from pals who are also thinking of turning to the dark side or fans of the X-box/PS2. Know of any good games for the X-box? Anyone know how much better the x-box is graphically? Then please help! I dont want to make a mistake!
Let me hear from ya!

Mike
Sat 22/12/01 at 16:14
Regular
"Back For Good"
Been Here Longer wrote:
I
> watched the program last night/this morning and everyone who played on the
> machine thought it was excellent.

One person thought the sound was good (Both GC and PS2 also support 5:1). Another person said "it was easier to control than PS2" while playing project gotham racing, in other words this is easier to control than GT3 but she still bashed into the side. Another person said "I liked this fighting game, The graphics were good"

I'd hardly say these people thought the Xbox "itself" was excellent ;-)
Sat 22/12/01 at 16:14
Regular
"Whatever!"
I wouldnt - Keep the PS2 its much better!!
Sat 22/12/01 at 16:04
Regular
dont do it, sell your PS2 to get a GameCube
Sat 22/12/01 at 16:01
You may as well keep your PlayStation 2 as well as getting an X Box though, because both consoles will have a decent selection of top games for your satisfaction, so if you can afford to do so then do, but I'd recommend selling and getting an X Box if you cannot afford to get one without selling the PS2.
Sat 22/12/01 at 15:41
Natbuc wrote:
> After seeing thumb bandits last night a BIG NONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't disagree more! Personally I have faith in the X Box becoming the best games console on the market and most probably being the best seller of the nest generation games machines.

I watched the program last night/this morning and everyone who played on the machine thought it was excellent - the graphics in some of the games were very impressive, there's no point in trying to persuade the world not to get an X Box.

You can't tie down a T-Rex with a shoe lace, and there's no stopping Microsoft.

Whoever said they've got no good games on the format needs there intelligence checked.

Project Gotham Racer - this game is going to be massive! It'll have all of MSR's good points, do away with the bad and introduce 4 player simultaneous racing as well. You'll also be able to race top end sports cars like Ferrari 550's instead of puny MX5's, now that can't be a bad thing can it?! The graphics will surpass GT3's, the gameplay will engulf you free time and you'll be eating those words of "Don't Buy an X Box"!

Dead Or Alive 3 looks awesome, but there will of course be Soul Calibur 2 as well, the predecessor of the game which was undoubtedly the best fighting title of all time - weapons based or not, Soul Calibur rocked on the Dreamcast and the sequel, which will be multi format will definitely give an indication of which console can produce the best visuals, although it could just show us who've paid Namco the most, if you know what I mean...Oh and DoA3, if it's anything like the 2nd incarnation, will play brilliantly too.

Halo - I'll hold my feet up now (hands needed for typing), and say that I have no idea what this game is about but I've seen a few running screens of the game and it does seem as though Halo will be X Box's most impressive launch title - everyone seems to rate it as the best game they've played, Edge gave it 10/10 and well, it looks freaky, original and something that I could definitely lose a good few hundred hours playing!!

Amped - the PS2 had and still has of course SSX and SSX Tricky, and they're great games, Amped could well be even better on the XBox - the graphics look stunning, it's been highly reviewed by US sites, but if it doesn't meet or beat SSX's standards then don't worry because Tricky is coming out on X Box anyway!

There'll no doubt be the usual pile of EA Sports titles, maybe some will be good, if only they could be on the same level as the EA BIG games. We'll see some Sega titles like Crazy Taxi Next, Jet Set Radio Future and so on - maybe even some form of the next Sega Rally game? Shenmue 2 will be out on the X Box too, as will future versions of Yu Suzuki's top title.

Microsoft also, they know how to make games so even if they had no third party support at all we'd still see some classics being released, but thankfully Microsoft has an amazing number of software firms signed up for producing games on the console - I think out of the three supposed Next Gen consoles Microsoft's offering will spawn the highest number of genre defying titles - originality is key, and I think Bill Gate's firm know exactly what they're doing. Just have a look at the release list - or even check some American gaming websites to read reviews of games, this console is seriously going to be very good indeed.

The X Box itself is the most powerful games console on the planet - has the most advanced graphics chip, the best sound with Dolby Surround 5.1, also has a hard disk, DVD playback functions, a very stylish control pad and the prospect of online play in a few months! Oh and anyone seen or heard about Wreckless? Methinks GTA3 better watch out!

Okay, so it'll be £299.99, but that price tag didn't stop people from buying the PS2 - and the X Box is a much more advanced console, I know that I will be getting one, and the 14th of March is getting closer everyday ;-)

So don't disrespect the X Box unless you want to look stupid in a few months time.

Cheers ;)
Sat 22/12/01 at 15:20
Regular
"Back For Good"
Do not get an Xbox, nuff said.
Sat 22/12/01 at 13:07
Regular
"  "
the x-box has no good games
Sat 22/12/01 at 12:57
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Hoe biased are you lot??? Have Sony brainwashed u!

The Xbox does have some really hardcore, class games- in terms of AAA titles, Halo, Project Gotham, Munches Oddysey, Jet Set Future and DOA3 all pop to mind.

Clearly the Xbox can compete in terms of games with the PS2... and the launch titles show that it will.

As for getting rid of your PS2... tough choice. Personally, I really want to, but just don't have the money to upgrade (oh, and I'm saving for a GC too!).

Go and check out some xbox games, see what you think (and if anyone says the xbox "has no good games" that's just plain bias!), and decide whether it's worth giving up PS2 games to play xbox ones.

Sonic
Sat 22/12/01 at 12:53
Regular
"  "
I hope WòókieeMøn§†€® is reading this
Sat 22/12/01 at 12:51
Regular
"  "
After seeing thumb bandits last night a BIG NONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.