GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Email Problems"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/02/11 at 07:41
Regular
"I like turtles"
Hi Guys,Been experiencing a problem when trying to receive my emails (since last night).Just get the following message :

A time-out occurred while communicating with the server. Account: 'mail.freeola.net', Server: 'mail.freeola.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19

Anyone else getting this?
Mon 14/03/11 at 17:39
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
We are aware of the frustration that has been caused by the recent performance issues of our incoming mail service, and can only continue to apologise sincerely for the outages.

We want to reinforce the fact that everyone here at Freeola is just as frustrated as our customers about the service and are constantly putting pressure on our wholesalers to resolve the issue permanently, once and for all.

We assure you that we are taking the outages very seriously and are currently in the process of implementing an additional, entirely new, e-mail infrastructure which we hope to be able to launch shortly. This new infrastructure will be maintained entirely by Freeola, allowing us full and immediate control over situations such as these.

Rest assured that we are doing our best to get the current issues resolved, and we thank you for your patience thus far. As always, you can keep an eye on any updates regarding the service via the Freeola Network Status page.
Mon 14/03/11 at 17:24
Regular
"I like turtles"
Is this a completely new issue or just the same old problem rearing it's ugly head yet again? Seems to be becoming rather a regular occurrence at the moment :(

On the plus side,don't think I've ever started a thread that has received nearly 1,000 views before,result! :)
Mon 14/03/11 at 17:04
"Are you sure?"
82412 wrote:
...but really, we need to know, specifically and in detail, why it has become so unreliable and what is being done about it.

I can't reassure my clients if I'm not being reassured. Some of them are beginning to talk about asking me to switch them to another ISP despite the upheaval involved.

I have to agree with this.
After the last outage I had to make a nuisance of myself to find out the problem was with a UPS. I feel like an idiot trying to update my clients when all I can say is "the problem is on-going/gone away"...

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 14/03/11 at 16:00
Regular
All very well if your client only has one email account and a handful of regular correspondents, but try telling that to a client who has 19 active addresses, receiving around 150 emails per day from 150 different people!
Mon 14/03/11 at 15:59
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
82412 wrote:
Service seems to be back now

Oh no it isn't : 15.58

"The connection to the server has failed. Account: '********', Server: 'mail.freeola.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E"

:¬)
Mon 14/03/11 at 15:28
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
malc_p wrote:
I'm waiting for an urgent email from a Solicitor, very frustrating.

I can fully understand your frustration and yes, this service does seem to have had its 'ups and downs' recently and this advice will probably cause a long tirade....but I advise 'clients' early of the situation and ask them to use an alternative email address which isn't hosted through Freeola....any number of 'free services' exist and it is especially useful as I also receive them via my mobile. :¬)
Mon 14/03/11 at 15:21
Regular
Service seems to be back now, but really, we need to know, specifically and in detail, why it has become so unreliable and what is being done about it.

I can't reassure my clients if I'm not being reassured. Some of them are beginning to talk about asking me to switch them to another ISP despite the upheaval involved.
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
webcity1 wrote:
right that's it I'm off to the garden where no technology awaits

Hi webcity1.....and I've just destroyed a wardrobe and reconnected my absent son's email :¬)
Regular
@webcity1
Might as well go down the pub.
"Update 14:30

The server is still struggling, and has temporarily been taken off line again to run disk integrity checks and to clear queued mail. As soon as we have further updates they will be provided."
Mon 14/03/11 at 15:00
Regular
"a pint of plain..."
right that's it I'm off to the garden where no technology awaits

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.