GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Email Problems"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/02/11 at 07:41
Regular
"I like turtles"
Hi Guys,Been experiencing a problem when trying to receive my emails (since last night).Just get the following message :

A time-out occurred while communicating with the server. Account: 'mail.freeola.net', Server: 'mail.freeola.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19

Anyone else getting this?
Tue 15/03/11 at 12:37
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
ptb wrote:
Now the webmail url is not working (111 Connection Refused). Is this linked? I know I'll be asked to use a support ticket for an answer, but I CANNOT CHECK MY EMAIL so we have to resort to these methods.

You will be asked to use our official method of support (phone/email or letter), as we don't always check the forums. It's not really "moaning" to ensure customers know the best way to get help.

Bear in mind that you can always use an alternate email address that we can send to if you want an (normally) immediate reply via ticket.

In terms of your actual issues I can not replicate this, nor have we had any reports of even remotely similar problems from other customers (just the general issues at this point).

If the issue re-occurs please screenshot it and let me know when you can send it over (games [at] freeolamail [dot] com)
Tue 15/03/11 at 11:28
"Are you sure?"
ptb wrote:
Now the webmail url is not working (111 Connection Refused). Is this linked? I know I'll be moaned at to use a support ticket for an answer, but I CANNOT CHECK MY EMAIL so we have to resort to these methods.

Hi, While you're waiting for a staffie...

FWIW I am able to access my webmail so the problem may be intermittent. I'm seeing the occasional failure while checking my POP email - so keep trying and you might get through.

Also remember in circumstances like this you can submit a Support Ticket but provide an alternate non-Freeola(!) email address for your reply.

Hope this helps :¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 15/03/11 at 11:09
Regular
Now the webmail url is not working (111 Connection Refused). Is this linked? I know I'll be asked to use a support ticket for an answer, but I CANNOT CHECK MY EMAIL so we have to resort to these methods.
Tue 15/03/11 at 10:01
"Are you sure?"
pete_21 wrote:
Thanks for the help guys,appreciated.I had already tried rebooting my router but it seemed to make little difference.My connection at work (same exchange) seems OK so it would appear that the issue I am experiencing seems to only be effecting my home connection.I will have a play about when I get in tonight and if I cannot see any improvement I will raise a ticket.

If your router has now reconnected at your normal speeds then you won't see an immediate improvement in throughput/use until your IP Profile recovers! This can take 'up to' five days but often happens much quicker. see my previous link for details :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 15/03/11 at 09:57
Regular
"I like turtles"
Thanks for the help guys,appreciated.I had already tried rebooting my router but it seemed to make little difference.My connection at work (same exchange) seems OK so it would appear that the issue I am experiencing seems to only be effecting my home connection.I will have a play about when I get in tonight and if I cannot see any improvement I will raise a ticket.
Tue 15/03/11 at 09:28
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
It was always our intention to run an email platform ourselves, this has been something being developed for many months, it's just an unfortunate coincidence that the current mail system has suffered many problems recently while we're looking to launch a new platform soon.
The new platform is currently undergoing testing, we can't just launch it straight away all alleviate the recent email problems.
I will see whether we can put something on the status page to try and reassure customers but I can't promise anything I'm afraid.
Tue 15/03/11 at 09:20
"Are you sure?"
Eccles wrote:
Our email platform is currently run for us, we getting ready to launch our own email platform soon. This new platform is run entirely by us and consists of multiple MX and mail servers. We have redundant servers on site ready to be deployed should one of the servers in the mail platform suffer a serious failure (same as our VIP Hosting, MySQL and InstantPro).

Would it be possible to put this or a similar statement on your Service Status page please?

As you guys often remind us, you don't use this forum for official support so I point all of the people I look after to your status page.

If they are able to read what you are proposing they will be able to decide for themselves if they like the sound of it and it will take some pressure off of me!

It's rather a shame it's taken so many failures and outages for the situation to be looked at properly.

Thanks,
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 15/03/11 at 09:12
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
@webcity1:
Our email platform is currently run for us, we getting ready to launch our own email platform soon. This new platform is run entirely by us and consists of multiple MX and mail servers. We have redundant servers on site ready to be deployed should one of the servers in the mail platform suffer a serious failure (same as our VIP Hosting, MySQL and InstantPro).

@pete: Seems like your connection only, there not problems flagged at your exchange at the moment. You'll need to to all the usual checks (BT speedtest results, test from Master socket, nothing but router/modem connected, new ADSL filter, follow Hmmm's advice etc). Feel free to raise a fault if you see no improvement.

The LINX issue was resolved late last night and we've closed that fault now.
Tue 15/03/11 at 09:10
"Are you sure?"
pete_21 wrote:
...Everything was fine before the outage yesterday so I'm presuming something on my connection may have just been unsettled? :S

Hi pete_21,
FYI - These are 3 separate things.
The email outage, Freeola website access problems and your connection speed won't be linked.

The email outage was due to problems with the email server/service.

Freeola web pages were affected by a network issue maintained by LINX - which won't affect your ADSL connection only access to pages that relied on the LINX network.

What are you current router stats? See my ADSL thread

Your router may have just had a 'low sync' effect which will have affected your IP Profile. You need to make sure you have re-sync'd at your normal speeds for your profile to recover. This will normally always require a manual restart of your router.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 15/03/11 at 08:49
Regular
"I like turtles"
Morning DL,

Cheers for the heads up mate,looks like my problem may be an isolated case then? As you can see though my connection is still useless . I will check my other connection in a bit (same exchange) to see if that is experiencing the same issue and then phone or raise a ticket. Everything was fine before the outage yesterday so I'm presuming something on my connection may have just been unsettled? :S

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.