GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Email Problems"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/02/11 at 07:41
Regular
"I like turtles"
Hi Guys,Been experiencing a problem when trying to receive my emails (since last night).Just get the following message :

A time-out occurred while communicating with the server. Account: 'mail.freeola.net', Server: 'mail.freeola.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19

Anyone else getting this?
Tue 15/03/11 at 08:31
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Morning pete.....no problems so far this morning, email quick and efficient, connection the same. Only problem was yesterday evening, but Eccles mentioned the LINX problem, and connection was fine by 22.00hrs.
Tue 15/03/11 at 08:04
Regular
"a pint of plain..."
to: warhunt,eccles & other staffies

thanks for your info so far, I would just like a little more detail on what's going on with the mail. You have your own servers, right?

@warhunt What wholesalers are you referring to, and what part of this email infrastructure is not already yours to control. What will the new infrastructure consist of? Will you have a backup system to kick in for if it goes down
Tue 15/03/11 at 07:32
Regular
"I like turtles"
Morning guys,
Anyone else experiencing connection problems since the email outage yesterday? I lost my connection altogether for about an hour (around 8.30) and this morning my speeds are horrific . Will check my other account when I get into work later to see if that is the same.Don't want to start submitting support tickets if it's all part of the same problem (which I'm presuming Freeola will already be aware of).
Mon 14/03/11 at 20:03
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Thanks Eccles :¬)
Mon 14/03/11 at 19:32
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Dragonlance wrote:
Is the present 'upset' in anyway connected to Freeola itself being unavailable for the last 40 minutes or so.....any other web connection is available but Freeola 'comes and goes for good'?

No. We're currently having a routing issue at LINX again it seems. Their traffic has just halved! Working on alternative routing would make access for some better but those still routed via LINX will continue to see problems.
Mon 14/03/11 at 19:27
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Is the present 'upset' in anyway connected to Freeola itself being unavailable for the last 40 minutes or so.....any other web connection is available but Freeola 'comes and goes for good'?
Mon 14/03/11 at 19:08
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
82412 wrote:
All very well if your client only has one email account and a handful of regular correspondents, but try telling that to a client who has 19 active addresses, receiving around 150 emails per day from 150 different people!

How does the 'maths' work? You would be surprised to find 150 emails from, say, 200 different people :¬)
Mon 14/03/11 at 18:30
Regular
Hmmm... wrote:
I find the really important ones arrive last!

That's given me the first smile of the day!
Mon 14/03/11 at 18:04
"Are you sure?"
ourLOL wrote:
Could someone explain how queued emails are prioritised?

I find the really important ones arrive last!
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 14/03/11 at 17:52
Regular
It looks like it's going to be a long day as I am reluctant to leave my desk until some, if not all, queued messages have been restored and delivered to my inbox. There are likely to be one or two that will require a response on my part.

Could someone explain how queued emails are prioritised? I've had two emails arrive in my outlook inbox (both sent as tests from AOL at different times). Beyond that nothing and I am aware of at least another 4 messages that haven't come through at all. I suspect there will be more but I can't say for certain.

Also I am still periodically getting error messages. The latest at 17.42:

Task 'mail.freeola.net - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

When checking my gmail account (where I store a second copy of all my messages ) I got this message... again for 17.42

Connection Error.
Server returned error "Connection reset by peer: The other server terminated our connection.

:(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.