GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Email Problems"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/02/11 at 07:41
Regular
"I like turtles"
Hi Guys,Been experiencing a problem when trying to receive my emails (since last night).Just get the following message :

A time-out occurred while communicating with the server. Account: 'mail.freeola.net', Server: 'mail.freeola.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19

Anyone else getting this?
Thu 07/04/11 at 09:02
"Are you sure?"
webcity1 wrote:
actually sorry it was 18th January. I have checked the headers - they all indicate 18th January as well. I hope this is not one of many backed up emails. Oh well no way to know I suppose.

If no one else sees this problem then I'm hoping the problem wasn't at Freeola's end! The sender could possibly have had the email stuck/sitting in their outbox for whatever reason and only just managed to successfully send it.

Well I hope that's the reason anyway!
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 06/04/11 at 23:32
Regular
"a pint of plain..."
actually sorry it was 18th January. I have checked the headers - they all indicate 18th January as well. I hope this is not one of many backed up emails. Oh well no way to know I suppose.
Wed 06/04/11 at 17:22
"Are you sure?"
webcity1 wrote:
I got an email dated 1st Jan 2011 today. Has anyone else been getting really old emails?

Hi webcity1,
that's not something I've seen (yet!) - have you looked at the actual email Headers to see what dates are mentioned in case that gives anything away?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 06/04/11 at 16:34
Regular
"a pint of plain..."
I got an email dated 1st Jan 2011 today. Has anyone else been getting really old emails?
Tue 05/04/11 at 11:26
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Good point. We will have a quick look at making them a bit easier to distinguish.

EDIT: Which have been implemented already. They are minor changes that will act as a temporary fix until we run a full overhaul on the support pages in teh near future.
Tue 05/04/11 at 09:15
"Are you sure?"
For info...

Lots of updates on the Service Status page at the moment so it's easy to miss.

A new item mentions some maintenance this morning so it's worth reading :¬)

I had some problems logging into FTP last week but they only lasted a short while so I didn't mention it (too scared :¬P).
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 04/04/11 at 16:31
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
And mine :¬)
Mon 04/04/11 at 15:49
Regular
"I like turtles"
Mine seems to be working OK?
Mon 04/04/11 at 15:10
Regular
Email seemed to have been restored... now alas... it's gone down again! :(
Mon 04/04/11 at 14:24
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
No probs Hmmm :¬)

Can sympathise with you and 'your situation' .... but mine seem to be sticking with me and are prepared to sit it out :¬) But then, I don't have nearly as many clients as you do.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.