GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Email Problems"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/02/11 at 07:41
Regular
"I like turtles"
Hi Guys,Been experiencing a problem when trying to receive my emails (since last night).Just get the following message :

A time-out occurred while communicating with the server. Account: 'mail.freeola.net', Server: 'mail.freeola.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19

Anyone else getting this?
Fri 18/03/11 at 10:05
"Are you sure?"
Warhunt wrote:
We know that it has been "broken" as a by-product of other changes that our wholesalers have made, but mail.freeola.net should not have been being used as a web link by customers anyway.

FYI Warhunt, in this post Warhunt wrote:

...or going to the login manually (http://freeola.com/webmail or http://mail.freeola.net) !

I bet you love me :¬P
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 17/03/11 at 18:24
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
We know that it has been "broken" as a by-product of other changes that our wholesalers have made, but mail.freeola.net should not have been being used as a web link by customers anyway.

It's great that mail.freeola.net did get you to that location previously, but it's was not really intended to be a portal for regular use.

The advised link is http://freeola.com/webmail.
Thu 17/03/11 at 14:55
Regular
I was getting errors trying to access 'mail.freeola.net ' which apparently is no longer supported . Try 'freeola.com/webmail' instead.

Not sure why this has changed as the old address has been bookmarked in my browser for years
Wed 16/03/11 at 19:12
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
SIDDY wrote:
When are these email issues going to be sorted out. Get some engineers in there who know what they are doing.
I'm foolishly paying freeola money every month for broadband with no email most of the time.

Have tested this account several times and it appears to be functioning correctly.

SIDDY has explained that he is having issues with using his Webmail, not the email service itself. Just to clarify.

At this point I believe it to be similar issues to those experienced by users earlier in this post.
Wed 16/03/11 at 16:14
"Are you sure?"
FYI

For my 'test' failure (wrong email addy used for correct Freeola hosted domain) I received:

Delivery Status Notification (Failure)
Diagnostic-Code: smtp;550 5.7.1 : Recipient address rejected: Unknown user

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 16/03/11 at 16:03
Regular
Hmmm, That is interesting. It is quite possible that a wrong address has been previously used and it is now only receiving errors (sender that reported it asserts address was from address boook and used before). I'm trying to get a copy of the bounce report to see and forward to freeola if applicable.
Wed 16/03/11 at 15:36
"Are you sure?"
ptb wrote:
We appear to be seeing some emails bouncing...

That's interesting.
I'm not aware of any problems with this at the moment.

But it seems something may have changed.

Previously when writing to a Freeola domain to an email address that didn't exist no 'bounce/failure' message was generated.
i.e. Sending to [email protected]

This was previously discussed here where Freeola 'Bob' explained that was by design to limit spam.

But I've just re-tested this with a made up name and received a failure message.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 16/03/11 at 14:34
Regular
We appear to be seeing some emails bouncing. Don't worry, support ticket has already been submitted and no conclusions jumped to. Is this what you are seeing SIDDY?
Wed 16/03/11 at 14:17
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
No issues with email today....fast and efficient :¬)
Wed 16/03/11 at 13:49
"Are you sure?"
SIDDY wrote:
When are these email issues going to be sorted out...

My email service seems fine today, what issues are you seeing?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.