GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Email Problems"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/02/11 at 07:41
Regular
"I like turtles"
Hi Guys,Been experiencing a problem when trying to receive my emails (since last night).Just get the following message :

A time-out occurred while communicating with the server. Account: 'mail.freeola.net', Server: 'mail.freeola.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19

Anyone else getting this?
Wed 09/03/11 at 15:47
"Are you sure?"
No update on the Status page but FWIW my email seems to have recovered :¬)

If it was problems with the UPS again not being 'uninterruptible' hopefully that will be sorted...

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 09/03/11 at 13:20
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
ourLOL wrote:
As at 13.12hrs I'm getting the following receive error message

Task 'mail.freeola.net - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

:(

Hi ourLOL,

Sympathy with you as I was just about to report the same:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: '*********', Server: 'mail.freeola.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Slow? ..... more like non-existent :¬(

Wed 09/03/11 at 13:16
Regular
As at 13.12hrs I'm getting the following receive error message

Task 'mail.freeola.net - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

:(
Wed 09/03/11 at 12:36
"Are you sure?"
Status Page:
"The server now appears to be up-and-running again."

??? It's a shame it's not possible to say for sure :¬(
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 09/03/11 at 11:14
Regular
Less than a week since the last outtage and here we are again! I'm waiting on emails and, sad to say, these interuptions to service are becoming far too often. Feeling really fed up at mo because the bottom line it is inconvenient to have the incoming mail servers go down.
Fri 04/03/11 at 18:20
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
EDIT: I hope the new email options are FREE to loyal customers with Freeola Broadband and 100+ Freeola domains ;¬)

Ha ha ... watch this space :¬D
Fri 04/03/11 at 14:04
"Are you sure?"
Thanks for the info Warhunt :¬)

Nice to hear a problem was identified.

It's a shame the person who closed the Status Page item didn't think to put an update on it as promised :¬P
Then I wouldn't always look like the bad guy for chasing you!

EDIT: I hope the new email options are FREE to loyal customers with Freeola Broadband and 100+ Freeola domains ;¬)

Thanks again it's appreciated.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 04/03/11 at 13:48
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Hmmm... wrote:
Hi Freeola.

The last sentence from yesterday reads:

"[i]We will continue to monitor the situation and provide an update once more information is available.
"

Can you point me in the right direction please as I can't find the information?[/i]

We would love to be able to obtain incident reports that are as informative as Enta's ADSL messages, however email server outages are not often as simple as "this is the issue, here's what we did" sort of thing.

The issues on this occasion were believed to be caused by a hardware issue on the UPS. We are aware that our wholesalers have replaced this hardware, and we are expecting this to make a difference.

In general terms, we have been looking at the email service over the last 6 months and have not been ignoring comments from our customers.

You will be interested to know that we are taking further steps (in the near future) to offer an additional email service alnog with our standard and Freedom packages that will hopefully give us more control over our mail service should situations like this occur.

I will not go in to details on this yet, and would appreciate no questions being asked :) It is in early stages at this point.

Hmmm... wrote:
Thanks for that.
That's very useful, I'm glad the problem has been fully resolved.

Just dreaming

Flattery will get you everywhere, sarcasm however ............. ;)
Wed 02/03/11 at 22:45
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
Just dreaming

Just whispering....but can't we always ha ha hush hush
Wed 02/03/11 at 18:46
"Are you sure?"
Thanks for that.
That's very useful, I'm glad the problem has been fully resolved.

Just dreaming
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.