GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Email Problems"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/02/11 at 07:41
Regular
"I like turtles"
Hi Guys,Been experiencing a problem when trying to receive my emails (since last night).Just get the following message :

A time-out occurred while communicating with the server. Account: 'mail.freeola.net', Server: 'mail.freeola.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19

Anyone else getting this?
Tue 01/03/11 at 14:09
"Are you sure?"
Hi Freeola.
I see the email item on the Service Status page has been closed.

The last sentence from yesterday reads:

"We will continue to monitor the situation and provide an update once more information is available."

Can you point me in the right direction please as I can't find the information?

Thanks.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 28/02/11 at 15:23
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
@DL
...and one of my emails that was lucky enough to arrive was also a DD notice from Freeola! *spooky*

Ha ha ... snap :¬D
Mon 28/02/11 at 15:16
"Are you sure?"
pete_21 wrote:
Is this the same problem as we experienced the other day then?

Yes - if you mean as in *painful* ! :¬(

@DL
...and one of my emails that was lucky enough to arrive was also a DD notice from Freeola! *spooky*

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 28/02/11 at 15:04
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
The Status page did change from Major > Open but I notice it's back to 'Major Fault' again.

As Freeola don't always like to use this forum for service updates it would make sense (to me) to add an explanation on the Status page when it's modified.

Does going back to 'Major' mean service is in trouble again?

FWIW
My emails currently seem to be taking around 3 hours (just under) to arrive.

I have to agree Hmmm....emails have now started to arrive, like two minutes ago and ha ha...one from Freeola stating that I'll be charged on 10th March for Broadband :¬(

Re: the 'owing client' ... I informed mine, what a coincidence, by txt this morning about email problem so to contact me by other means...and lo and behold...payment secured :¬D
Mon 28/02/11 at 14:29
Regular
"I like turtles"
Is this the same problem as we experienced the other day then?
Mon 28/02/11 at 13:55
"Are you sure?"
The Status page did change from Major > Open but I notice it's back to 'Major Fault' again.

As Freeola don't always like to use this forum for service updates it would make sense (to me) to add an explanation on the Status page when it's modified.

Does going back to 'Major' mean service is in trouble again?

FWIW
My emails currently seem to be taking around 3 hours (just under) to arrive.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 28/02/11 at 13:00
"Are you sure?"
Hi DL,
The Service Status page does mention:
"service is likely to be slow and possibly intermittent"
no jokes about that being normal service! *joke*

Mine seems to be coming back to life...
Just received an email invoice from Freeola for a domain renewed earlier today :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

EDIT: Just received an email from a client (that I'm chasing) sent 3+ hours ago saying that if I reply within the next hour with my bank details they will pay me immediately! :¬(
Mon 28/02/11 at 12:52
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
Freeola have updated the Service Status page...

"The server is on it's way back up" :¬)

Not quite yet Hmmm.....still getting the following at the moment:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: '********', Server: 'mail.freeola.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

:¬)
Mon 28/02/11 at 11:20
"Are you sure?"
Freeola have updated the Service Status page...

"The server is on it's way back up" :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 28/02/11 at 11:05
Regular
Email down yet again (at least through web mail). The message on the website is rather vague - has anybody any more details - in particualr aof likely resolution time.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.