GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Email Problems"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/02/11 at 07:41
Regular
"I like turtles"
Hi Guys,Been experiencing a problem when trying to receive my emails (since last night).Just get the following message :

A time-out occurred while communicating with the server. Account: 'mail.freeola.net', Server: 'mail.freeola.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19

Anyone else getting this?
Thu 10/03/11 at 19:12
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
Hi DL,
I would start a new thread for your issue :¬)

My IPSC/WBC status pages which use the same source are also seeing the same problem.

BUT I don't believe this is in any way related to your outage.

Remember to submit a Freeola Support Ticket for an official reply.

Hi Hmmm, thanks for the reply :¬)

Everything 'seems' to be back to 'normal'....but the strange thing about the 'incident' is as follows:

No problems all day...then phone call from No2 son about an unrelated 'pc/word 2002 problem', sorted that and then No1 son arrives home from work and informs me that his wireless connection has 'gone'. No2 son then phones and says he cannot send an email! Check all and all gone! Now the odd bit ... No2 (doesn't live here) has email address through me via Freeola yet his IP is O2! So, the 'outage' is not Freeola or O2 or is it? Funny old IP world :¬)
Thu 10/03/11 at 18:46
"Are you sure?"
Hi DL,
I would start a new thread for your issue :¬)

My IPSC/WBC status pages which use the same source are also seeing the same problem.

BUT I don't believe this is in any way related to your outage.

Remember to submit a Freeola Support Ticket for an official reply.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 10/03/11 at 18:01
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Don't know if this is a connected issue but have just experienced a total loss of connection - 15 mins - all seems to be OK now but accessing Entanet info ie IPSC Interconnect Status reveals 'no images' only text and IPSC Interconnect feed will not refresh...its last refresh was 8th March! Very unusual :¬( Is there some issue with Entanet and, in particular, the Birmingham node?
Thu 10/03/11 at 09:49
"Are you sure?"
Thanks for the update Warhunt.

Just in case you missed it - Eccles and dean5 were contributing in another thread in this forum (Freeola Services & Support) while customers were posting here - so I hope you can see where the frustration came from?

To your customers you are all Freeola Staff even though I can understand you have different responsibilities and cover different areas, but this won't be apparent to all of your customers.

In the past you've mentioned how to convert forum members to Freeola customers - I would suggest this forum, that's viewable to all, is a good opportunity for you to do that.

I've said this before - "conversation rinse, repeat, etc." :¬P

Glad to hear improvements to the email service are on the way.

Feedback by,
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 10/03/11 at 09:27
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Warhunt wrote:
Flattery will get you everywhere, sarcasm however ............. ;)

Requoting for prosperity. Also remember if you want responses directly from us, use the support tickets. Using the forums will get an answer but normally only from myself. Conversation rinse, repeat, ended. :)

I can't be around all the time friends (wedding and buying a house tend to make my home life very busy ;P).

Quick overview: Server went down, down for maybe 2 hours, came back up, then was taken offline periodically for maybe15 minute intervals during the course of the late afternoon.

The actual symptoms customers were seeing were nothing different to what we have seen before. so the reason as to why it was sporadic can be seen on other comment we have made (we = I) .

As I have said we are hoping our plans in the next month or so alleviate this issue more permanently than we seem to be getting from our attempts at resolving the issue over the last 6 months.

Our apologies for the ongoing intermittent service.

EDITED: As to not sound like a spoon.
Wed 09/03/11 at 18:37
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
pete_21 wrote:
[i]Looks like we might have to make this thread a sticky? :(

:¬)

I think it's only visible to customers though!

la la la, la la la, la la la, la la la, la la la, la la la, la la la, la la la ;¬)[/i]

What a wonderful singing voice you have Hmmm....ever thought about going professional :¬D
Wed 09/03/11 at 18:01
"Are you sure?"
pete_21 wrote:
Looks like we might have to make this thread a sticky? :(

:¬)

I think it's only visible to customers though!

la la la, la la la, la la la, la la la, la la la, la la la, la la la, la la la ;¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 09/03/11 at 17:52
Regular
"I like turtles"
Looks like we might have to make this thread a sticky? :(
Wed 09/03/11 at 16:26
"Are you sure?"
Since posting the Status Page has been updated for 'Major' to 'Open'...

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 09/03/11 at 15:51
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
All seems to be ok now, all running smoothly :¬)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.