GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Email Problems"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/02/11 at 07:41
Regular
"I like turtles"
Hi Guys,Been experiencing a problem when trying to receive my emails (since last night).Just get the following message :

A time-out occurred while communicating with the server. Account: 'mail.freeola.net', Server: 'mail.freeola.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19

Anyone else getting this?
Mon 28/02/11 at 11:04
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Morning all.....are we having email problems again? Fine first thing this morning and now (11.03) the following error message:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: '********', Server: 'mail.freeola.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

:¬(
Tue 22/02/11 at 21:25
Regular
"I like turtles"
All seems fine now,thanks guys.
Tue 22/02/11 at 20:08
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:

It's been a rather painful day...

Evening Hmmm.....has been rather fraught, I can concur with that...but never mind, email 'snail crawl' at 4pm ish....now rocket powered! :¬D
Tue 22/02/11 at 19:22
Regular
"a pint of plain..."
ah I see it's been updated as fixed/closed. and indeed email seems fine. thanks
Tue 22/02/11 at 19:06
Regular
"a pint of plain..."
yes an update on the status page would be good please...
Tue 22/02/11 at 18:20
"Are you sure?"
Service seems to be back to normal at the moment :¬)

If Freeola could confirm the problem has been completely resolved that would be good to hear.

It's been a rather painful day...
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 22/02/11 at 15:54
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:

NB. I was >< that close to posting yesterday, just to say we've been on a good run with no web or mail issues.
I thought if I did it would be the *kiss of death* so I didn't post!

You can probably blame pete and I for this one Hmmm :¬D
Tue 22/02/11 at 13:09
"Are you sure?"
Warhunt wrote:
The mail servers were placed back online a short while ago, however they may continue to be sporadic whilst dealing with the large amount of mail stored during the downtime.

Apologies in advance for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks for the updates Warhunt :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

NB. I was >< that close to posting yesterday, just to say we've been on a good run with no web or mail issues.
I thought if I did it would be the *kiss of death* so I didn't post!
Tue 22/02/11 at 12:15
Regular
Things "seemed" to be up and running again but I've just had another error message at 12.12hrs (22nd February).

Task 'mail.freeola.net - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Has the server gone down again or is this just part of the intermittant service we should expect for a while?

Laura
Tue 22/02/11 at 11:49
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
The mail servers were placed back online a short while ago, however they may continue to be sporadic whilst dealing with the large amount of mail stored during the downtime.

Apologies in advance for any inconvenience caused.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.