GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"You wanna now more about Islam,, ask what do you want "

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/11/10 at 22:44
Regular
Hi all
Many here do not know much about Islam
Or misunderstood
So I opened this topic for all to ask what they want about Islam and I'll answer
Tue 23/11/10 at 23:25
Regular
"How Ironic"
spoonbeast wrote:
To me religon was the old way of keeping law and order. Trying to keep people morally up right in a time when times were tough and there was a lot of strife and humanity wasn't set up properly like in modern times.

No doubts that religion was used as a tool for control. Especially the medieval church, when few people could read, and the depictions of hell were taken very literally. Some people in the past believed that God had decided their place in society (or so the rich and powerful would tell them) and that by working hard, they would earn their place in heaven. There must have been some powerful people who honestly believed that God had placed the poor specifically to work though. Look at the likes of the slave trade. If you read the slave songs that were sung, you'll find many talk about the hardwork and strife that the slaves were suffering, and they usually finish with something about a paradise or a reward. But personally, I don't consider it coincidence that religion was such a useful tool. It's almost as if it was crafted to demand obedience, with the the threat of a 'greater being' if you didn't obey. Obviously some humans thought they could wield this authority (I say authority, from my perspective, it's built on absolutely nothing).
Tue 23/11/10 at 23:04
Regular
"eat toast!"
I guess gods are petty beings. Or that we have more power then we realise. To bring down even gods.

Gods exsist through faith. If we stop believing in them or ignore their exsistance they have no power. No followers, no faith and nothing to keep them going. They simply become constrained to the past. Just look at the eygptian gods or the greek gods. No one worships them. Once rituals, sacrifices and prays were made to them. eliminate the human element and they're nothing but old stories.

To me religon was the old way of keeping law and order. Trying to keep people morally up right in a time when times were tough and there was a lot of strife and humanity wasn't set up properly like in modern times.
Tue 23/11/10 at 18:21
Regular
Surely a system where people are condemmed for lack of faith only works in a religion where the knowledge is already part of you...rather than having to learn it from others.
Tue 23/11/10 at 15:16
Regular
"Monochromatic"
More to the point, why should a man who has never done anything wrong in his life be condemned for a lack of faith?
Tue 23/11/10 at 14:27
Regular
Is it considered good to be God fearing?
Fri 19/11/10 at 19:15
Regular
Whether or not one believes in the bible, PB has picked up my point.

Infact, as the book comes from different sources, has been re-written and re-written, translated and translated. Meanings may have been lost. and who can say that it really is the word of God, other than the person who wrote it?

As for comparing appearing on a web forum and appearing in a book. It is logical to assume that you are not God and are instead a human who is working to his beliefs. Therefore, the word which appears is by no means a miraculous act. If any of us met in the street, it would be quite logical for others to believe that we were told things by each other in conversation.

If however, using the New Testament as an example, I witnessed a magic trick, called it a miracle and wrote a book about it. It wouldn't necessarily mean I accurately reported what happened. And it wouldn't necessarily mean I was reporting the work or words of God.

So unless something unusual and miraculous were to happen on this web forum...not by human hands, I can not see a correlation between appearing on a web forum and appearing in a miraculous trance/in the sky/as voices projected into the mind/etc in order to pass on word of God
Thu 18/11/10 at 23:08
"Retarded List"
Sorry Skanellipsis.
Thu 18/11/10 at 23:03
Regular
"You've upset me"
Stay on topic please, Steel Protagon...
Thu 18/11/10 at 22:46
"Retarded List"
The great UV party in the sky
Thu 18/11/10 at 22:26
Regular
"You've upset me"
Heaven's gonna burn my eyes.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.