GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"We need a website"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/10/01 at 18:32
Regular
Right. The web design forum here needs a website, for posting all sorts of advice, links, news etc. A "community" website. It should be interactive and fully display the best of our skills. So:

Coding - Me, cjh and ajh. Basically anyone who can.

Site design and layout - Reaper and Tyla. You guys work together on it. Give me a final layout as a Fireworks file and I'll take it from there

Content - Andy/Bob, and everyone else here

We need some webspace, I'll get some at Freedom2Surf once their servers come back online. They're a very good server for what we want to do. If anyone else wants to help out, that's great.

Any more suggestions would be welcome.
Page:
Tue 13/11/01 at 13:30
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
cjh: We could have a PHP errors page if you want to write it yes, but PHP errors are usually meanlingless anyway.

Tyla: That must be luke's fault seeing as that page has no PHP in it whatsoever. It just has that extension if I want to add any coding.

Also... why aren't you providing a design? Have you realised that competing against my ultimate skill is just pointless? :-)
Tue 13/11/01 at 08:17
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Turbonutter wrote:
> http://luke.ac6.org/webtech/turbonutter.php . It's luke's box so blame him if it dies ;-)

I take it this is death then...
Fatal error: input in flex scanner failed in /var/www/webtech/turbonutter.php on line 1

!:-)

Oh the wonders of PHP!!
Tue 13/11/01 at 08:15
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Turbonutter wrote:
> I've started coding using all 3 of the v7.x designs of mine because I still don't have Tyla's in a usable form (I love PHP).

That' s because Tyla won't be supplying it in any useable format in the first place!!
Mon 12/11/01 at 23:07
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
What do you think of a PHP Errors page???

Something which explains what each of the Error messages which sometimes coming up really mean???
Mon 12/11/01 at 16:32
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
cjh wrote:
> Could you update me on which Servers were are using???

We WILL be running it on Freeola but right now we're using my personal Apache.
Sun 11/11/01 at 15:01
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Could you update me on which Servers were are using???

I thought I'd make some changes to some Scripts I've got here, for the Free Scripts sections.
Sun 11/11/01 at 14:59
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I really like the v7.3 design you have there Turbo.
Sun 11/11/01 at 14:23
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
He bloody well should be, look at the state of these servers! :-D

Andy, care to pass judgement on all the designs? I've put them all up to http://luke.ac6.org/webtech/turbonutter.php . It's luke's box so blame him if it dies ;-)

I've started coding using all 3 of the v7.x designs of mine because I still don't have Tyla's in a usable form (I love PHP). Currently we have implemented:

Menu tree structure
Viewing articles/reviews/Q&A
Colour scheme selector

I'm about to start work on the Q&A structure and admin functions. Then I'll do the scripts section, then the search. I estimate I'll have all the coding finished and the site ready to go live by tuesday night latest, tonight earliest.
Sun 11/11/01 at 13:42
Regular
"How Handy."
Working on a Sunday Andy???

Flippin heck, now that is commitment..

Hang on, aren't I going to work soon?? hmmm
Sun 11/11/01 at 13:08
Regular
The problem with:

http://uk.geocities.com/dav1dthedude/games-site.jpg

Is it has too many large images. You need to use a very small amount of small images to increase the download time. You can introduce colour to a page by using tables with background colours. Also make sure you design will work in multiple resolutions.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.