GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"We need a website"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/10/01 at 18:32
Regular
Right. The web design forum here needs a website, for posting all sorts of advice, links, news etc. A "community" website. It should be interactive and fully display the best of our skills. So:

Coding - Me, cjh and ajh. Basically anyone who can.

Site design and layout - Reaper and Tyla. You guys work together on it. Give me a final layout as a Fireworks file and I'll take it from there

Content - Andy/Bob, and everyone else here

We need some webspace, I'll get some at Freedom2Surf once their servers come back online. They're a very good server for what we want to do. If anyone else wants to help out, that's great.

Any more suggestions would be welcome.
Page:
Fri 09/11/01 at 15:24
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Turbonutter wrote:
> Tyla, do you have MSN or IRC?

Yeap... try [email protected]

Though I don't have a PC at home so only online from 7.30am - 4pm mon - fri!! (Won't have one at home as i refuse to work from home at the moment!)
Fri 09/11/01 at 15:21
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Tyla, do you have MSN or IRC?
Fri 09/11/01 at 15:19
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Nagdammnit Tyla, we are absolutely, categorically NOT having a dynamic menu! Not only are they annoying and some browsers are almost allergic to them but our menu is going to be dynamically (in a scripty sense) generated by PHP code and integrating that with your code will be either a right utter pain in the butt or impossible.

As for the domain... see the proper domain thread.

I have done another design but I need to discuss it with the rest of the main guys, who are at school, to get it just right.
Fri 09/11/01 at 15:16
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
OK.. from another post its looking like:

www.SRwebtech.co.uk

though it has yet to be registered?
Fri 09/11/01 at 14:59
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Slaveunit wrote:
> So. SR are giving us space, did we decide on webtech.co.uk?

www.webtech.co.uk has been taken by by a firm in Ringwood UK? so has .org, .org.uk and .info

How about...

ukwebtech.org (available)
ukwebtech.org.uk (available)
ukwebtech.info (available)
web-tech.uk.com (available)

or

ukweb-tech.com (available)

Feedback please!!
Fri 09/11/01 at 14:22
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Slaveunit wrote:
>Also, is that really stable? I've seen those before and they've been a bit rickety....

It took weeks of playing with the code to make it stable, we use it on one of the sites we do at BPL. Infact, GLOT uses one I think.

There are loads of dodgy ones out there that don't work well this one relys on a combination of variables that i would hate to try to recode!! trust me, you don't want to see the code!!
Fri 09/11/01 at 14:18
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
The first one is nicer. Stick the Dynamic menu in the white one.

Also, is that really stable? I've seen those before and they've been a bit rickety....
Fri 09/11/01 at 14:12
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Just to refresh on the designs.. Here are my two so far...

http://www.tyla.org.uk/webtech/default.htm
(Flat PNG)

http://www.tyla.org.uk/webtech/default_1.htm
(HTML with Dynamic menu structure, the menu is easy to maintain and works well from v4+)

I shall return after the weekend with some more designs...
Fri 09/11/01 at 13:52
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
So. SR are giving us space, did we decide on webtech.co.uk?

and for the designs, lets get all of them together, and then get a vote going. Anyone else who wishes to post a design for the vote has until friday the 16th.

Lets get this ball a-rollin!
Fri 09/11/01 at 13:51
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
TN: you use Blog nation nice, but have you ever tried Blogger? You get more control over the integration of your own website as it's all based on XML tags!! If I can find the URL, I'll send you mine!!
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.