GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"We need a website"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/10/01 at 18:32
Regular
Right. The web design forum here needs a website, for posting all sorts of advice, links, news etc. A "community" website. It should be interactive and fully display the best of our skills. So:

Coding - Me, cjh and ajh. Basically anyone who can.

Site design and layout - Reaper and Tyla. You guys work together on it. Give me a final layout as a Fireworks file and I'll take it from there

Content - Andy/Bob, and everyone else here

We need some webspace, I'll get some at Freedom2Surf once their servers come back online. They're a very good server for what we want to do. If anyone else wants to help out, that's great.

Any more suggestions would be welcome.
Page:
Sat 17/11/01 at 12:12
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Where should I send the code to you??
Sat 17/11/01 at 10:56
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Great stuff. When I get it all sorted I'll put it in.
Sat 17/11/01 at 00:15
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
http://www.haignet.co.uk/Root_Directory_Finder.php

Take a look and tell me if we should include it within the Free Scripts area?? It's just a little script which will tell a Freeola user what their Root Directory is.
Fri 16/11/01 at 13:14
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
OK, great.
Fri 16/11/01 at 08:20
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Turbonutter wrote:
> Very noce, very nice *envy*.

Are you sure you don't want to do a design? If
> not, we'd very much appreciate some hints and tips if you have some spare time
> at work.

Oh yeah.. where DO you work?

Hints and tips, no problem, as for a design... not on your nelly...

I currently work for New Media Unit at Blackwell Publishing as well as feelancing for Stop Press and My own business.
Wed 14/11/01 at 13:22
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Very noce, very nice *envy*.

Are you sure you don't want to do a design? If not, we'd very much appreciate some hints and tips if you have some spare time at work.

Oh yeah.. where DO you work?
Wed 14/11/01 at 08:54
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Turbonutter wrote:
> I don't know.. it looks OK. I've done better maybe. Also, as for this "client list" of yours, I'd like to see it. Your website IS offline, don'tchaknow. Anyway, if you want to blow us away that's fine. Go, knock yourself out! :-D

Ooops... forgot to post the URLs...

http://www.tyla.org.uk/portfolio.htm
http://www.tyla.org.uk/vitae.htm

The Client list includes: Renault, ETSU, DETR, Infinium, New Greenham Park, PHH, West berkshire Council, Sony and EEZEE Web.

Some of my previous graphic work can been seen on http://www.stoppress.co.uk/

Clients at: http://www.stoppress.co.uk/pages/clients.htm
(ex-employer, but still have stuff on line on their site!!)

My personal site is "officially" offline due to a slight court order requesting me to remove certain sections of the site, this is a minor problem and I'm currently in the middle of a huge over haul!! "un-officially" bit's still do work, just under specific URL's - **Warning for Blogger users... Don't upset people using an online journal especially if your involved in an access battle for a child!!**

TT4N!!
Tue 13/11/01 at 22:19
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Would the Web Space be a regular sign-up type, or did you say Andy might be sorting something else out??

I was jus twondering, as if we use the same Servers as other Freeola users, then we could include something in the PHP Free Scripts area where user can Upload the Script to their Site there and then, what do ya' think??
Tue 13/11/01 at 20:49
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I don't know.. it looks OK. I've done better maybe. Also, as for this "client list" of yours, I'd like to see it. Your website IS offline, don'tchaknow. Anyway, if you want to blow us away that's fine. Go, knock yourself out! :-D
Tue 13/11/01 at 14:05
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Turbonutter wrote:
> Also... why aren't you providing a design? Have you realised that competing against my ultimate skill is just pointless? :-)

*cough* skill *cough* As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder!!

Trust me, there isn't any skill there to compete against. And remember... all you've seen from me is two 10 minute efforts... If I really wanted to put my mind to it, I'd blow you away mate...!;-) My portfolio and client list says it all!!
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.