GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"We need a website"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/10/01 at 18:32
Regular
Right. The web design forum here needs a website, for posting all sorts of advice, links, news etc. A "community" website. It should be interactive and fully display the best of our skills. So:

Coding - Me, cjh and ajh. Basically anyone who can.

Site design and layout - Reaper and Tyla. You guys work together on it. Give me a final layout as a Fireworks file and I'll take it from there

Content - Andy/Bob, and everyone else here

We need some webspace, I'll get some at Freedom2Surf once their servers come back online. They're a very good server for what we want to do. If anyone else wants to help out, that's great.

Any more suggestions would be welcome.
Page:
Thu 22/11/01 at 16:41
I want to build a web site and I have no idea where to start. I have my own domain but thats about it.
Can anyone suggest a simple program or a site that could help me. Thanks for any help
Tue 20/11/01 at 13:44
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
AND searches for all the words
OR searches for either of the words
PHRASE searches for all the words in that exact order with nothing in between

Maybe I should make it a bit clearer.
Mon 19/11/01 at 20:52
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Rob, on the Search Page, how does the AND, OR, PHRASE Bit work?? What are they for???
Mon 19/11/01 at 15:52
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Heh, luke canes his connection leeching divxs 24/7, he'll run out of hdd space soon...should significantly better after that.
Mon 19/11/01 at 13:30
Regular
I thought it would be something like that.
Mon 19/11/01 at 13:00
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Er, did you even read what I just said? The page isn't that big at all, it's just luke's connection *really* slowing it down.
Mon 19/11/01 at 08:01
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Bob wrote:
> Is this site normaly slow? I just checked it out and it took a min just to start
> loading. I know freeola used to suffer problems like this but nt at 6 in the
> morning on an ADSl connection.

It's 8am, I'm on a T3 pipe and it's taking over 40sec to load a page!! That's slow... Usefull bit of info for you..

Anything over 10secs, and the user wil go somewhere else!! Over 20, and they won't come back!!
Mon 19/11/01 at 07:57
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Is on a 233mhz Debian box with a 512k NTL connection. Yes, it's always very slow for me as well.
Mon 19/11/01 at 06:24
Regular
Is this site normaly slow? I just checked it out and it took a min just to start loading. I know freeola used to suffer problems like this but nt at 6 in the morning on an ADSl connection.
Sun 18/11/01 at 19:55
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Oooh, Luke appears to have altered his MySQL and localhost settings. Fixed it now.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.