GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"No one will buy it!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/10/01 at 10:58
Regular
I liked the look of x-box. But I am massively annoyed at how greedy and stupid Microsoft are....

If the x-box costs £299 in the UK, $299 in the US...
Then it will fail. Europeans have had enough of being screwed - especially be greedy American giants Microsoft. £45 a game - you must be joking. I won't pay more than £35. You could buy 5 second hand quality PS titles for each x-box one... And consumers (everyday people that walk into GAME) will know that by looking at the shelves infront of them.
2 x-box games, and you could BUY a PS1 with a game or 2!!! Imagine what you could do with £300! Buy a PS1 and every classic available!
The x-box is a console being sold at a PC price. It's doomed.
Yes, the Playstation 2 cost that amount at launch, I even bough my original PS for £300 many years ago. The difference is that when they were launched they were the only option in the market that could provide consumers with the games they needed/wanted. Now the PS2 and gamecube (both at £199) will be in the shops alongside it!
NO-ONE WILL BUY THE X-BOX!! They have no idea about the UK market. They are insulting us with this price. Whay does the x-box offer over the other consoles? A couple of exclusive titles and more polygons per second??
They can go shove Abe's Odessey up BG's behind!
Fri 19/10/01 at 14:10
Regular
Snuggles.

Can you give out info like how many people have pre-ordered and XBox and a GC?

OR are you not allowed to reveal that kind of stuff?

Cheers.
Fri 19/10/01 at 14:05
Regular
"Wasting away"
Mr. Snuggly, apart from the fact that obviously you work for the company and if they didn't sell games you'd go under and loose your job, do you get any bonus' for making us buy games or anything like that? I think someone should win GAD and donate it to yourself for taking all of that time to look over them all and give out a 2 free games and 1 DVD everyday, it must be a hard job when around 15 reviews and 2000 posts are going on everyday but someone's gotta do it.
Fri 19/10/01 at 13:57
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Top plugging, there, Snuggly....

:D
Fri 19/10/01 at 13:56
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
While I don't want to be quoted on SPR's pricing of XBox games (because we don't know what prices we are doing yet), PS2 games are on sale for £45, but are still sold at around £30-£35 by companies like us. What I'm trying to say, is buy all your games for us.
Fri 19/10/01 at 13:12
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
It's like in total recall where the doc says "So what kind of lady would you like in your dream?" and arnie says "Athletic"

It's your bag, baby!
Fri 19/10/01 at 12:53
Regular
Slaveunit wrote:
Personally, I don't think Anna K is all that hot.

WHAT!?!?!?! (I notice you didn't attempt to spell her surname, probably a good move there....) :-)

I'd be much happier
> with that Christina Aguillarea chick, or even Heather Graham. Am I mad?

Not really, they are both amazingly fit, but Anna does it for me.
Fri 19/10/01 at 12:53
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Tyla wrote:
> Ahhh! Peace is restored!!...

And all it needed was a scouse....

:D
Fri 19/10/01 at 12:52
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Your Honour wrote:

That was quite an impressive Scouse accent there mate!

Yeah, it really made the transfer from vocal to text well....
Fri 19/10/01 at 12:51
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Your Honour wrote:

This is true. But I like mud slinging,
> especially when nude and in a tub with Anna Kournikova and Rachel from S Club
> 7...

Personally, I don't think Anna K is all that hot. I'd be much happier with that Christina Aguillarea chick, or even Heather Graham. Am I mad?
Fri 19/10/01 at 12:51
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Ahhh! Peace is restored!!...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.