GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why am I not interested in Xbox Live?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 27/07/03 at 09:12
Regular
I'm not bothered about it, but I'm beginning to question why not.

I truly don't like first person shooter frag fests - running around in circles blasting, blasting, blasting - gives me a headache.
I'm not that bothered about racing cars around circuits and coming first, coming last, whatever.

So I'm not interested. Should I be? Am I missing out?
Do I have a blinkered view of the whole online gaming thing?

I don't think I'll ever sign up. Maybe a massive online RPG will sway me like Star Wars Galaxies....? - but it probably won't.

Shooting and racing - that's all I see, and that's not enough to get me interested.
Thu 31/07/03 at 16:10
Regular
"8==="
I did and I haven't even played it ;D
Thu 31/07/03 at 12:59
Regular
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> I've given that careful consideration.
>
> You're wrong.

You can't say I have bad taste purely because we have conflicting opinions. Surely you didn't think SOAL was amazing right from the start?
Thu 31/07/03 at 12:58
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Indeed it is a shame. I was reading an article on Xenogosa for the PS2
> which sounded interesting. An RPG by Hideo Kojima is something worth
> looking into when it is released in September on the PS2. The only bit
> that put me off was the fact that he has used excessive amounts of cut
> scenes which he is becoming renowned for. Apparently one of the cut
> scenes lasts for 34 minutes which is going down the Metal Gear Solid 2
> route.

Personally, I welcomed the cut-scenes in Metal Gear Solid 2. Not only did they give you a chance to relax, but rewarded your efforts also in the way that they were superbly directed. With such a gripping plot, the cut-scenes were most definately a plus point for me.
Thu 31/07/03 at 12:52
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
djerrud wrote:
> beanz wrote:
> FFX is pretty good and i'm looking forward to FFX-2
>
> FFXI then

No. FFXI is the online only game for PS2 and PC, it's a MMORPG.

FFX-2 is the sequel to FFX on the PS2 and uses some of the same characters and locations etc.
Thu 31/07/03 at 12:47
Regular
I am getting an xbox on saturday and i feel the same way about it. I'm just not interested. I'd rather play a game against my brother on a split screen. One day though i might get it and see.
Thu 31/07/03 at 12:40
Regular
"bit of a brain"
beanz wrote:
> FFX is pretty good and i'm looking forward to FFX-2

FFXI then
Thu 31/07/03 at 12:38
Regular
Indeed it is a shame. I was reading an article on Xenogosa for the PS2 which sounded interesting. An RPG by Hideo Kojima is something worth looking into when it is released in September on the PS2. The only bit that put me off was the fact that he has used excessive amounts of cut scenes which he is becoming renowned for. Apparently one of the cut scenes lasts for 34 minutes which is going down the Metal Gear Solid 2 route.
Thu 31/07/03 at 11:44
Regular
beanz! Long time no see ;).
Thu 31/07/03 at 11:42
Regular
"accidental superher"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
I have been looking for something
> like SOA:L since Final Fantasy 7 on the PSONE.

it's a real shame that so many of the great rpgs released in the US and Japan weren't released in europe like xenogears, chrono cross, final fantasy tactics, parasite eve 1 (so much better than PE2), Valkyrie Profile. All of these are on the PS1...so what i did was went and bought a US PS1 -that's how desperate i was to get my mitts on thses games.
FFX is pretty good and i'm looking forward to FFX-2
Thu 31/07/03 at 02:05
Regular
I've given that careful consideration.

You're wrong.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.