GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why am I not interested in Xbox Live?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 27/07/03 at 09:12
Regular
I'm not bothered about it, but I'm beginning to question why not.

I truly don't like first person shooter frag fests - running around in circles blasting, blasting, blasting - gives me a headache.
I'm not that bothered about racing cars around circuits and coming first, coming last, whatever.

So I'm not interested. Should I be? Am I missing out?
Do I have a blinkered view of the whole online gaming thing?

I don't think I'll ever sign up. Maybe a massive online RPG will sway me like Star Wars Galaxies....? - but it probably won't.

Shooting and racing - that's all I see, and that's not enough to get me interested.
Sat 09/08/03 at 16:05
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I just found out this morning that my area is going to get Broadband, yea! So I'll check out all the costs, like subscriptions etc. Then I'll be able to play on Live, brilliant.

:)
Wed 06/08/03 at 23:31
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I actually havn't even got Live. But if I had Broadband it would be my No1 priority.
Wed 06/08/03 at 14:02
Regular
"Laughingstock"
gamezfreak wrote:
> You monkey's have persuaded me to get LIVE.
>
> I'll get MM3 and the kit soon. Heh the "Anti Live" vibe of
> the original post has'nt put me off :P.

I'm still "Anti-Live" I'm afraid. Well, not Anti-Live per se, more Live Ambivalent".
Wed 06/08/03 at 13:08
Regular
You monkey's have persuaded me to get LIVE.

I'll get MM3 and the kit soon. Heh the "Anti Live" vibe of the original post has'nt put me off :P.

Thanks Tiltawhirl/Dark Mark/Mantis/Savatt :)
Tue 05/08/03 at 23:45
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I'm moving house in a few months time so mabye I'll see if I can get Broadband then- is cable better for Xbox Live than ADSL?

There may be light at the end of the tunnel after all then.
Tue 05/08/03 at 14:45
Regular
"8==="
Hey Tilt. The cash is on the way. I sent you the tracking number in an email. :)
Tue 05/08/03 at 14:35
Regular
"Remember me?"
Edgy wrote:
> Like Julian?
>
> BOOSH! :D

That "BOOSH!" was about as justified as a pen!s in a lesbian bar.
Tue 05/08/03 at 14:17
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Still not convicned by SOF2 - Ghost Recon whups it everytime and there are better people playing Ghost Recon, when CS comes out later this year SOF2 will be deserted...
Tue 05/08/03 at 12:31
Regular
I'm likely to end up getting it sometime soon - but I'll be checking what I need to keep both me and my bro's computer online, as well as the Xbox through Broadband nearer to when I get it.

Right now, I don't have the time for it (still working 7 days a week) so there's no point yet.
Tue 05/08/03 at 12:27
Regular
Dark Mark™ wrote:
> Plus Edgy only played a few games. If you have access to Live whenever
> you want and have the opportunities to really spend some time on it,
> get to know some people, add people to your Friends list and so on,
> then you'll open your eyes to its' wonders.
>
> *takes a bow*

Like Julian?

BOOSH! :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.