GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The 2007 Formula 1 season"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/03/07 at 04:09
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I want somewhere to stick my thoughts on the Formula 1 season as it progresses so I'm going to do that here. Feel free to join me if you want.
Page:
Sun 07/10/07 at 19:29
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I woke up this morning expecting Hamilton to be the new champion but it wasn't to be.

OK it goes to Brazil in a gripping finale but I wish Hamilton was the new champ now.

He has the edge but it's a 3 horse race now and although I expect Hamilton will win it it could go either way.
Sun 07/10/07 at 14:09
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I just got the feeling that when I got up to watch the race this morning that something was going to happen. Hamilton's retirement means that it's a 3 way shootout for the title.

The race was tricky with conditions difficult but McLaren will be kicking themselves for not bringing Hamilton in sooner, especially with the amount of time he was losing each lap.

I would guess that Hamilton used his tyres a little more than the others behind him. Raikkonen was pacing himself and Ferrari is usually very good at protecting their tyres.

With the conditions, it allowed Vettel to redeem himself and get 4th place and Button loves these changeable conditions and he took 5th.

My feelings are not to be relied on but I get the feeling that Hamilton is not favourite anymore. He has the same amount of wins as Alonso, so if Alonso wins, 3rd is not enough for Hamilton. If Alonso doesn't win but they end on the same amount of points, Hamilton wins because he has more 2nd places.

You've then got to factor in Raikkonen. In the result of a tie, Raikkonen would win the title because he's won the most races.

Hamilton needs 1st or 2nd to be absolutely sure. 3rd or 4th may be enough if Alonso doesn't win. If Alonso goes out, it's 5th or higher if Raikkonen wins.

I just feel that with Alonso clinching his titles at Brazil and Ferrari's dominance at the track last year, Hamilton could be in trouble, particularly if Raikkonen and Alonso scamper off fighting for the win.
Sat 06/10/07 at 08:13
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Practise was all very close with not much between the top 4. Qualifying is difficult to predict as you have to factor in fuel loads and setups, as rain is forecast for the race. There is a typhoon in the area and they'll miss the brunt of it but they should get some rain.

The big surprise was Hamilton. Raikkonen looked like he had a serious edge and I thought Massa might have looked to at least get on the front row.

Red Bull doing well and Button in the top 10 again. Again, it comes down to the difference between wet and dry or a combination of both setups.
Fri 05/10/07 at 13:38
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Justice served as Hamilton gets no penalty and Vettel gets a reprimand instead of the 10 place drop in qualifying. I think that's the smart result all round. It makes these people think about what they are doing a bit more without having affect them.
Thu 04/10/07 at 16:10
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Well, who wouldn't? Red Bull and Toro Rosso losing points and therefore winnings, just through driver error (Albeit maybe quite enforced) - and not just mechanical failures for once. I'd be a little annoyed myself!

10 grid places, if anything.
Thu 04/10/07 at 15:12
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
If any penalty is to be handed out, it'll be a 10 place drop. To take the race win away would be harsh beyond belief. They'll have to take into context the tricky conditions and how hard they have to work in those conditions.

If it was me and it was any driver in the field - no penalty. It's hard enough with the all the spray and standing water, any penalty just feels wrong.

I think Webber is just having a hard time dealing with the whole thing.
Thu 04/10/07 at 12:37
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Wed 03/10/07 at 02:42
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I've never even heard of that site. They seem to take the mick out of most things, which is probably something I'd do. :)
Mon 01/10/07 at 21:59
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Agreed, he's been doing badly recently, although the Toyota isn't exactly a brilliant car. If you read Sniff Petrol, then you can't really forget about it! :)
Mon 01/10/07 at 17:05
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Excellent news about Ralf Schumacher. He's been pretty much useless for Toyota and they could use someone who will at least fight for them.

I will be very surprised if he gets a drive in F1 for 2008.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.