GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The 2007 Formula 1 season"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/03/07 at 04:09
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I want somewhere to stick my thoughts on the Formula 1 season as it progresses so I'm going to do that here. Feel free to join me if you want.
Page:
Fri 30/03/07 at 12:28
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I reckon it's most likely to be a points penalty, or automatically being disqualified for a year... going on precedent, Tyrell were disqualified for a year's results once, losing all their points due to effectively cheating their way out of weight restrictions.

Another week until the Malaysian GP weekend...
Tue 27/03/07 at 21:12
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Yep, it's the Court of Arbitration so I think Spyker have every chance of getting a result in their favour. The Super Aguri car has well been described as last years Honda chassis and the Toro Rosso is basically the Red Bull car with a Ferrari engine.

Customer chassis' aren't available until next season and if they are proven guilty, I'm not really sure what will happen. Points removed if they score any, forced to change to a chassis made by themselves, fines. Could be anything.
Tue 27/03/07 at 17:08
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I do wonder what's going to happen about this... it's through the Court of Arbitration for Sport, right?

If it is, then Spyker are likely to win any case as the Toro Rosso/Super Aguri cars aren't original designs, and the Concord agreement says that each team has to be a constructor; though I'm not sure about what it says about designers is, they're more likely to be punished by these guys as Bernie and co want the full 11 (And 12 next year) teams.

Last time something like this happened, Arrows lost the right to use their car; it was very similar to that year's Shadow, as some of the Shadow team had left to form Arrows. That wasn't a case of a B-Team, though... let's wait and see what happens here.
Fri 23/03/07 at 20:01
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Spyker have taken the legal route in their dispute with Toro Rosso and Super Aguri over the customer car issue. It'll take several months to resolve but there may be a case there. Spyker do seem to have backing from Williams in this dispute, although they aren't taking action.
Sun 18/03/07 at 13:32
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
That Ferrari that some amazing speed in it. Raikkonen's 1m25 lap was incredible. One second faster than Alonso's best.

Credit to Davidson. Everything was going against him but he kept driving. I found out afterward that his accident with Sutil left him back problems for the rest of the race.

Hamilton was unfortanate to miss out on 2nd place. Sato held him up badly for the few corners before the pit stop and that allowed Alonso on the better strategy to overtake in the pit stops.

I was impressed with Rosberg. A quiet race but getting that Williams in the points was very good.

Mark Blundell summed up my opinion of Fisichella. Sure, he beat Kovalainen convincingly but Fisichella is supposed to be leading Renault and his performance was not good enough.

Coulthard's move was a bit silly and Wurz was very diplomatic but I reckon he was pretty annoyed.

Ferrari are a bit further ahead than I thought they would be. BMW are about where I thought but Renault should be closer. It's still too early to pick where the midfield runners are going to settle in as Honda's got their new aero package coming and Red Bull might hook it all up.

At least the next race is not so difficult to adjust to sleep wise, although I hate getting up early. I feel really rough for the rest of the day.
Sat 17/03/07 at 04:14
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
First up, the congested midfield theory that I was predicting came true. So many drivers missed out.

Also, following the times from practise into qualifying, Raikkonen has that last sector all to himself. He was 3 tenths faster than anyone in that last sector in practise and was roughly the same in qualifying.

That Super Aguri is a big surprise. Limited running and basically last years Honda and they get one car in the top 10. Sure, Massa failing to get in the top 10 was probably the reason but still a great performance.

That Honda is a handful. It just didn't want to do anything that Button in particular wanted to do.

Should be an interesting race as I think McLaren, as they did a lot last season, probably have a bit more fuel on board.
Sat 17/03/07 at 04:09
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I want somewhere to stick my thoughts on the Formula 1 season as it progresses so I'm going to do that here. Feel free to join me if you want.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.