GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The 2007 Formula 1 season"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/03/07 at 04:09
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I want somewhere to stick my thoughts on the Formula 1 season as it progresses so I'm going to do that here. Feel free to join me if you want.
Page:
Sun 21/10/07 at 12:58
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
There's supposed to be about 5 million watching this afternoon which is great for F1.

I'm sure Hamilton will win but I'm glad it's come down to the wire for a tight finish.
Sat 20/10/07 at 18:28
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Predictably, Massa nicely fueled to get that pole position. Hamilton did well for 2nd place. Alonso, again, looked off the pace and he'll have it all to do. Raikkonen should go on to win and that's fine for Hamilton. Webber looks very good in 5th.

Button's comments were great. I bet he'll be the first to throw this car in the bin.
Sat 20/10/07 at 15:12
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
McLaren, Super Aguri and Honda get fined around £10,000 and they lose the wet tyres that they used. The weather looks okay for the weekend now so it shouldn't affect them.

Alonso didn't inspire anyone with any confidence with a fairly poor showing. He probably has a bit more than he showed but a win looks less likely now.

Hamilton looks to at least have the pace to stick around with the Ferraris. I'd expect to see Massa on pole position because they'll want Massa to play a key role tomorrow.
Fri 19/10/07 at 18:49
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
When it rains, it pours. Hamilton, Button and Sato are under investigation after they used 2 sets of wet (intermediate) tyres during first practise when they are only allowed to use 1 set.

All things considered with it being Friday practise, I feel that any penalty that affects qualifying or the race would be very harsh, especially considering that the FIA have no set penalty for this infringement.

Wet weather affected Friday practise with the first session not seeing many laps by anyone. The 2nd session saw the times get progressively quicker and Hamilton took the fastest time.

I always say Saturday is a better indicator and it certainly is this time around.
Wed 17/10/07 at 15:02
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I can't see Rosberg to McLaren as he and Williams have pretty much put a stop to any rumours. The Kovalainen swap deal has been banded about but I can't see any logical reason for sticking with Fisichella. I would give Piquet Jnr a chance with Alonso at Renault if they go ahead with the swap.

Another rumour circulating is 2008 could be Toyota's last year if they don't pick up performances. If they were to pull out, I would think they'd do a similar thing to what Mercedes are doing at McLaren. Toyota will probably align themselves with Williams.
Tue 16/10/07 at 22:40
Regular
"..."
Grandprix wrote:
> I can't recall a season where so many seats were available at
> the end of the season. The offseason could have plenty of
> twists.

Indeed and if Alonso is on the way out at McLaren, who will take his spot? I could see Kovalinen going to McLaren as part of Renault paying off Alonso's contract, but Mercedes would be more keen on Rosberg, although he is contracted to Williams.
Tue 16/10/07 at 14:45
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
He can't be as bad as Yamamoto. He must be paying a lot of money to still have a drive...

The driver lineup for 2008 all hinges on Alonso. It seems increasingly likely that he'll leave McLaren and Renault looks his most likely option. Ferrari are filled up for certain now that Massa has signed an extension and they wouldn't get rid of Raikkonen. Honda are seemed locked despite the persistent rumours of Button to McLaren.

I can't recall a season where so many seats were available at the end of the season. The offseason could have plenty of twists.
Sun 14/10/07 at 17:54
Regular
"..."
Grandprix wrote:
> Wurz retires with immediate effect and will not race in Brazil,
> which is bizarre because he didn't have a good Chinese Grand
> Prix. He'll probably go into a different form of racing or go
> back to test driving.

Should be good entertainment though...Nakajima who almost everyone at Williams says isn't ready getting thrown in at the deep end...
Tue 09/10/07 at 14:33
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Hamilton's most likely to win, but yes, anything could happen. Four points is the difference from first to third, though - with the top two teams dominating, that's actually rather a difference to make up. Seven points for Raikkonnen to make up; that won't prove easy.

I was quite surprised by the result myself, waking up to find out that some serious tyre abuse had stopped Hamilton from claiming the championship. Still, at least it really is intense, down-to-the-wire stuff! :)
Tue 09/10/07 at 14:32
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Wurz retires with immediate effect and will not race in Brazil, which is bizarre because he didn't have a good Chinese Grand Prix. He'll probably go into a different form of racing or go back to test driving.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.