GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The 2007 Formula 1 season"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/03/07 at 04:09
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I want somewhere to stick my thoughts on the Formula 1 season as it progresses so I'm going to do that here. Feel free to join me if you want.
Page:
Sun 04/11/07 at 16:08
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Yep, I'm not sure how long Rosberg's contract is but when he is in his last season, Williams will find it very difficult to hold on to him, especially if Williams fail to score race wins.

It does seem a bit bizarre about Alonso but it does seem that a lot of news sites are claiming that Alonso can secure a move to Ferrari in 2009. You would think Massa's position would be the one under threat but he has a longer contract at Ferrari now than Raikkonen.

Contracts are there to be broken I guess...
Sat 03/11/07 at 18:30
Regular
But both Ferrari drivers are contract til the end of '09. Why extend Massa's contract (which only happened a few weeks ago) for that length of time if you were after Alonso?

I feel tha Rosberg will need to move to a bigger team within the next couple of seasons. I can't see the rule changes for next year mixing things up enough for Williams to suddenly become front runners. If he wants to win races he'll need to change teams, in my view.
Sat 03/11/07 at 16:57
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Hamilton has said that McLaren will probably be going after Rosberg, Sutil or Kovalainen. I very much doubt that Rosberg will go, seeing that Williams have said time and time again that Rosberg is not going and he has a water tight contract. Sutil or Kovalainen would be good, although Sutil needs a bit more experience.

According to the BBC, Renault have made an offer to Alonso but they want him to be part of their long term plans and not a stop gap for a year or two so he can go and join Ferrari.
Sat 03/11/07 at 13:12
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Grandprix wrote:
> I would say Kovalainen would be the most likely to go to McLaren
> if Alonso joins Renault and I hope Piquet Jnr gets the other seat
> at Renault, as I can't stand Fisichella. Otherwise, McLaren may
> go with Paffett or just take the driver Alonso replaces.

Crash.net have put up an article considering the many options, which include Alonso maybe even ending up at Toyota, or Alonso and Coulthard effectively swapping seats, but both of those seem pretty unlikely. Paffett may well join McLaren if Prodrive don't join the grid next year.

Now that is a concern, though if they take an '07 McLaren chassis and alter it to make it more or less their own; problem solved, a la Super Aguri?

Fisichella has had some brilliant seasons in the past (Outclassing Button at Benneton, scoring several impressive finishes in that woeful Jordan...), but he seems to be slipping now, I can't see him being around much longer, except maybe at a team lower down the grid. Or in DTM? :)
Fri 02/11/07 at 15:40
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
It depends on what viewpoint you get. On the one hand, you have Alonso who says that he wasn't get fair treatment. On the other hand, the team claimed they treated Alonso fairly and Alonso was continually alienating himself.

Sure, he has a special relationship but McLaren don't usually have a reputation as a one man team, not like teams that had Schumacher or when Alonso was at Renault.
Fri 02/11/07 at 15:33
Regular
Thing is, who will now want to partner Hamilton? He's clearly got a special relationship with the team and so no one will feel like their getting equal treatment, regardless of the equipment.
Fri 02/11/07 at 14:58
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Yep, another season and they'll be at each other's throats. I heard rumours that the split is on the proviso that he doesn't join a big team, although Williams was then mentioned. I then heard Renault (obviously) and Red Bull, which was a bit of surprise but that would mean Coulthard would have to go because Webber was doing the better job.

I would say Kovalainen would be the most likely to go to McLaren if Alonso joins Renault and I hope Piquet Jnr gets the other seat at Renault, as I can't stand Fisichella. Otherwise, McLaren may go with Paffett or just take the driver Alonso replaces.
Fri 02/11/07 at 13:49
"possibly impossible"
No surprises for seeing Alonso leaving McLaren. Looks like he got off without having to pay his way out of the contract as well. I'm pretty sure he's already made his plans for a future team, but we'll have to wait and see exactly where he ends up. Whether it be Renault, Williams or Toyota he's not going to have an easy time staying in the points against the bigger fish unless these teams really find some renewed source of inspiration for their cars. That said, Williams end of season races looked pretty strong.

Of course, it also leaves us with the question of who will drive alongside Hamilton next year, and if Hamilton is made to drive with negative points (as Mosley incinuated he may do) would that also affect Alonso?
Sat 27/10/07 at 23:02
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
November 15th will probably be the last day of the season. The appeal will be heard then and I think some punishment will be given and that will be that. Hamilton won't be handed the title in my opinion so they'll be no Ferrari appeal and I can't see BMW and Williams appealing if they get a slap on the wrist.
Thu 25/10/07 at 23:04
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I think the appeal is a fitting end to the season. The Constructors Championship was won in the courtroom and the Drivers Championship will be finally decided if the appeal gets accepted, although it seems pretty much all over already.

The FIA haven't done themselves any favours. Constant meddling and a penalty to McLaren that defies belief (I still can't see the smoking gun on that issue). The fuel temperature thing is just another mess they have gotten themselves into.

The rule states I think that the temperature that the FIA provide is the one that they go with. No one else had a problem keeping inside the guidelines so even if the temperature readings were done with a guy standing out in the sun plucking random figures out of the air, they have to keep within the guidelines.

As I said, the FIA have a lot to do to get the confidence of everyone back and will have to go through everything thoroughly.

The Ferrari incident was that it wasn't illegal and was then made illegal after the race was won, so no penalty could ever be given on that.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.