GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Homeworld II"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Homeworld'.
Fri 26/09/03 at 12:01
"Darkness, always"
Anyone getting this? I've had it on pre-order from Amazon for a while, and they shipped it this morning. The original game was outstanding, and the Cataclysm standalone was very enjoyable. The shots of this game look awesome, and from what I hear, much of the basic gameplay remains unchanged, which is good, because it rocked.

Comments?
Tue 07/10/03 at 10:51
Flak frigates last about 3 hits from a bomber squad.
Mon 06/10/03 at 21:46
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Upgraded its pretty useful.

Onto mission 7 now. This games going a bit to quickly for my liking.

Still, a sale would fund Max Payne/Half Life 2, so its al good.

Just got destroyers. Oh yes.
Mon 06/10/03 at 19:23
Regular
lnsane Bartender wrote:
> For some reason, frigates are incredibly crap in this game, while
> corvettes are awesome.

i have to disagree, particularly with the hiigaran fleet, as the pulsar regularly misses, and the gunship just isn't that effective.
Frigates, on the other hand are very nice this time, particularly the flak frigate. it's weaponry excels at blasting holes in fighters, and leaving squadrons in tatters. the only thing i'd disagree with is the torpedo frigate, as i have found little use for it in my tactical plan.
Mon 06/10/03 at 17:19
"Darkness, always"
Wait til you get to play with Battle Cruisers. Those things are awesome. Just leave them sat at base all the time, then just hyperspace them into the hot zone, where they wipe the floor with all and sundry in moments.
Mon 06/10/03 at 17:14
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I can play the Total War games to sort that all out.

Got onto the next mission - upgraded frigates become incredibly useful, especially the anti-capital torpedo upgrade for the otherwise dire torpedo frigate. I mainly have fleets of gunship/pulsar corvettes, with a heavy core of flak/Ion/torpedo frigates - all upgraded of course. Turrets at home corvettes hanging around resourcers.

Mission 5 looks wonderful.
Mon 06/10/03 at 15:19
Bah, it's difficult to discuss, given that there are dozens of versions around, all with varying interpretations (if any), of varying quality.

But yes, on the battlefield, I'd kick your hind.
Mon 06/10/03 at 15:15
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Must be different to the one I've got, because it's an amusing read but of little practical use outside of Feudal-era Japan.

However, should we ever face each other in open battle, I shall be sure to pay close attention Bartender-san
Mon 06/10/03 at 15:05
It covers use of terrain, wise use of available resources, use of spies, etc etc.

Plus, like the bible, everything in it is widely open to interpretation.
Mon 06/10/03 at 14:54
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
lnsane Bartender wrote:
Personally, I like to use my nonce to work my own way
> through a game. FAQ = defeat.
--

Use your nonce?
But you just told him to read Sun Tzu - last time I looked at it, it's little more than a "Little Book of Fight", instruction on marching on full stomachs/using hedges to hide etc

Are you Oliver Stone?
Mon 06/10/03 at 14:52
If you want to go through life reading how everyone else did the game, go for it. Personally, I like to use my nonce to work my own way through a game. FAQ = defeat.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.