GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Homeworld II"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Homeworld'.
Fri 26/09/03 at 12:01
"Darkness, always"
Anyone getting this? I've had it on pre-order from Amazon for a while, and they shipped it this morning. The original game was outstanding, and the Cataclysm standalone was very enjoyable. The shots of this game look awesome, and from what I hear, much of the basic gameplay remains unchanged, which is good, because it rocked.

Comments?
Fri 17/10/03 at 17:10
Regular
"gsybe you!"
That is cool, but H2 excels in waaaay more areas.
Fri 17/10/03 at 13:06
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
The awesome thing I liked about the original was the fact that you could salvage without limit, and so continue to pilfer ships from the enemy long after you've reached your unit cap.
Thu 16/10/03 at 18:33
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I was playing the first Homeworld earlier, and it really is terrible in comparison. Not a bad game in its own right, but H2 is just beautiful, incredibly intuitive and far more busy than the first ever dreamed of being.
Thu 16/10/03 at 15:31
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
IB is Guilty
Thu 16/10/03 at 14:42
only because you're a filthy commie SMOKER!!112
Wed 15/10/03 at 18:37
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Last level = Insanity in game from

Kerr-azzy!
Mon 13/10/03 at 16:26
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
Too busy playing Icewind Dale II is me ;)
Mon 13/10/03 at 16:18
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Er, 'whatever'.

Mission 12 is me.
Mon 13/10/03 at 16:17
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
Oh that's easy.

On level four, destroy two of the hyperspace inhibitors, and hang around collecting the resources. Destroy any carriers or other forces nearby and just keep hanging around, building up your fleet with masses of bombers and whatever frigates you fancy.

Eventually that fleet of missile frigates will appear. As soon as you see them, destroy the third hyperspace inhibitor, and you'll jump to the other end of the map, leaving the missile frigate fleet down the other end having to make their way back. Launch a full on offensive with your bombers and frigates directly at the space station, destroy it and move on to defeat the remaining forces in the area.

Then just collect resources and keep an eye on the large map, which will track the "remaining forces" for you. By the time they arrive, you should be able to spank them with superior firepower.

Simple.
Mon 13/10/03 at 16:11
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Er, this was mission 4 on the campaign.

Ner ner.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.