GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Homeworld II"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Homeworld'.
Fri 26/09/03 at 12:01
"Darkness, always"
Anyone getting this? I've had it on pre-order from Amazon for a while, and they shipped it this morning. The original game was outstanding, and the Cataclysm standalone was very enjoyable. The shots of this game look awesome, and from what I hear, much of the basic gameplay remains unchanged, which is good, because it rocked.

Comments?
Mon 06/10/03 at 14:20
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
lnsane Bartender wrote:
> Read Sun Tzu's The Art of War, and see how your tactical prowess
> improves.
--

HAHAHAHAHA

Or gamesfaq.com, for a little less pretentious gaming advice
Mon 06/10/03 at 14:20
Not all tactics will work in all situations. Indeed, none will. It is the ability to alter your tactics and gameplan to suit the mission at hand that marks a true General.

Read Sun Tzu's The Art of War, and see how your tactical prowess improves.
Mon 06/10/03 at 14:13
Regular
I've done it.. may need help from FAQ's sometimes cos it get's irritating that your own tactics don't work out!
Mon 06/10/03 at 09:47
Regular
There ya go, top tips from I.B. :)
Mon 06/10/03 at 09:45
Maggots.

The best way to do that level is to have plenty of corvettes guarding your mining operation, a number of gun platforms protecting your mothership and carrier, and yet more corvettes to go on the offensive.

For some reason, frigates are incredibly crap in this game, while corvettes are awesome. Hence I don't waste my time on capital ships until I can get destroyers.

Also, for those playing this game on the back of having played the original, note well that the resource system now requires much larger numbers of resource collectors. Playing multiplayer, I wil typically have 12 resource collectors and 3 mobile refinerys.

Also, make sure that your armour is upgraded for each class of ship. Makes your guys last longer in battle you see...
Mon 06/10/03 at 09:39
Regular
Urgh, I hate games that are like that. I mean everyone likes a challenge but to make it impossible to actually win, that's just stupid.
Sun 05/10/03 at 21:53
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I captured the hyperspace gate just like the cut scene said, but they still came! Its getting on my nerves now - I like a challenge (the first Homeworl was hard enough) but this is getting annoying.
Sun 05/10/03 at 21:03
Regular
Yep same.. i built a massive fleet to attack the hyperspace thingy's but they kept on attacking my Resource fleet.
Sun 05/10/03 at 17:22
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I was gonna say that.

I'm on mission 4, and I am constantly being attacked and hounded, and there is no seemable way of winning without massive fleets, which I can't afford.

grr.
Sun 05/10/03 at 16:02
Regular
It's pretty bloody hard..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.