GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Homeworld II"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Homeworld'.
Fri 26/09/03 at 12:01
"Darkness, always"
Anyone getting this? I've had it on pre-order from Amazon for a while, and they shipped it this morning. The original game was outstanding, and the Cataclysm standalone was very enjoyable. The shots of this game look awesome, and from what I hear, much of the basic gameplay remains unchanged, which is good, because it rocked.

Comments?
Thu 02/10/03 at 19:26
Regular
Uncle Albert wrote:
> UrkiE-UK wrote:
> the thing is, even with my FX5600 it does struggle a little bit, but
> thats on 1024x768 - but no detail geo. christ that's detailed.....
>
> My FX5600 runs it like a greased ferret with everything cranked up to
> the max. This is only on the demo mind, which only offers relatively
> small-scale battles (I imagine).
>
>
> Just trying to decide whether to buy it or not. Grr...

also depends on processor. mine only meets recommended - not ultimate, which in every other area i meet :S
Thu 02/10/03 at 16:31
My FX5200 chokes on it like dog swallowing superglue.

But then, it's a Sparkle card, and so inherently crap.
Thu 02/10/03 at 07:34
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
UrkiE-UK wrote:
> the thing is, even with my FX5600 it does struggle a little bit, but
> thats on 1024x768 - but no detail geo. christ that's detailed.....

My FX5600 runs it like a greased ferret with everything cranked up to the max. This is only on the demo mind, which only offers relatively small-scale battles (I imagine).

Just trying to decide whether to buy it or not. Grr...
Tue 30/09/03 at 15:37
"Genius!"
i've downloaded a few games before and i dont even try much (command and conquer generals in an hour and solier of fortune) and a load of little rubbish games which took about 30 mins.
Mon 29/09/03 at 11:11
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
I orded the game last week on blind faith knowing almost nothing about it after hearing good things. Still waiting on it to arrive, along with my new PC which I'll need to play anything other than Solitaire and Minesweeper!
Sun 28/09/03 at 11:17
Regular
I've been trying edonkey recently and it's not very good. It's well slow, usually at around 10kb which is nothing compared to Kazaa Lite.
Sun 28/09/03 at 10:09
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
the fasttrack network*
Sun 28/09/03 at 10:09
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I've noticed the content of the fasttrack drop quite a lot over the last few months, of everything, including music.
What's everyone else using?
I'm using eMule, but it can be so slow, maxed out at about 45k I think, average being about 2 per file. I know it's all down to the other end, but even so, used to get up to 70ish on kazaa.
Sun 28/09/03 at 00:11
Regular
Yeah, Kazaa is good for music and nothing else. Everything else will probably be fake, it irratates and annoys the downloader, so don't bother.
Sat 27/09/03 at 23:41
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
nickdagamemaster wrote:
> can anyone estimate how many kb it is because i'm going to try to
> download it off kazaa?

I laugh at the word kazaa. Oh and its going to take you 2 weeks, why you ask. Well the first file you get will be duff. The second will be a virus. The third will be a different game. The fourth will be duff. And by the time you've got to the last file you relise its the demo and you've wasted 2 weeks of downloading crap for a demo.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.