GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Homeworld II"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Homeworld'.
Fri 26/09/03 at 12:01
"Darkness, always"
Anyone getting this? I've had it on pre-order from Amazon for a while, and they shipped it this morning. The original game was outstanding, and the Cataclysm standalone was very enjoyable. The shots of this game look awesome, and from what I hear, much of the basic gameplay remains unchanged, which is good, because it rocked.

Comments?
Fri 26/09/03 at 15:01
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Oo, I like that.

Take out the turrets and salvage become a lot more fun.
Fri 26/09/03 at 14:53
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
That's an addition that isn;t in the first game, but I can immediately think of numerous uses for such tactics. Especially when it comes to stealing other player's ships...
Fri 26/09/03 at 14:50
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> You should be able to pick up the original for less than a tenner
> these days, and it's well worth playing through.

Sold-out has it on their £5 range, so I think I'll buy it along with Homeworld 2 and play them through together.

I liked on the demo of Homeworld 2 how you could target and destroy individual ship sub-systems such as fighter bays and weapon arrays, or go for the engines and leave enemy ships dead in the water before finishing them off with a few fighters. Very fun.
Fri 26/09/03 at 13:02
"Darkness, always"
Heh, I laughed non-stop during the final level on the original, by which time I had a fleet mostly composed of stolen destroyers and heavy cruisers, and about 150 stolen ion frigates. When the PC attacked in waves of Heavy cruisers/Destroyers/Ion frigates, I distracted them by sacrificing some frigates while attacking them from behind with my 35 salvage corvettes.

Needless to say, I had fewer frigates by the end, but many more destroyers and heavy cruisers...
Fri 26/09/03 at 12:47
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Ah yes, stealing.

Trouble is, your little 'Salvage' Drones always were a target as soon as they moved.

I nabbed a Heavy Cruiser once.

I laughed a lot.
Fri 26/09/03 at 12:24
"Darkness, always"
You should be able to pick up the original for less than a tenner these days, and it's well worth playing through. It's just so excellent because you really need to look after your ships and resources - because you carry them through to the next level with you. Also, in he original, there were no unit caps on "stealing" ships, so you could hijack entire fleets of enemy ships and turn out fleets of frigates and cruisers numbering in the hundreds to fight when called for.
Fri 26/09/03 at 12:17
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I'll be getting it as soon as I finish Tron 2.0, and after playing the demo I can't wait. Never played the original though, which means another game I'm going to have to get around to buying.
Fri 26/09/03 at 12:01
"Darkness, always"
Anyone getting this? I've had it on pre-order from Amazon for a while, and they shipped it this morning. The original game was outstanding, and the Cataclysm standalone was very enjoyable. The shots of this game look awesome, and from what I hear, much of the basic gameplay remains unchanged, which is good, because it rocked.

Comments?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.