GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"chipped Xboxs?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/10/03 at 11:18
Regular
highly illigal, but no ones perfect eh?
Has anyone had the mod chip & 80 Gig Hardrive upgrade fitted yet?
apparently you can dump entire games to the drive for faster accsess!
I need more speed! and room for the music i've dumped to disk, only got 32000 Blocks left now! anyone know how much is too much? before it affects the games your playing? may have to buy another XBOX! probably down to a ton by Xmas anyhow
Thu 30/10/03 at 20:55
"slightlyshortertagl"
Nomino,

The fact that you choose to hang around here and attempting to prove it's ok to break the law is petty and pathetic.

Shouldn't you be off crusing in your new sportscar and/or swimming in your Olympic-size pool in your backgarden?
Thu 30/10/03 at 20:54
Regular
ÂLÂ??ÂÎR wrote:
> No because they weren't even proper points but instead a half witted
> effort to try and defend your poxy argument. The argument is about
> piracy and the evidence is there for you to read but you can't hack
> the fact you are smashing away at something you can not defend. Save
> you time and go spend some time with your millionaire wife.

She's not a millionaire. She's only just set up her own practice, so won't be a millionaire for another 5 years or so.
Thu 30/10/03 at 20:38
Regular
No because they weren't even proper points but instead a half witted effort to try and defend your poxy argument. The argument is about piracy and the evidence is there for you to read but you can't hack the fact you are smashing away at something you can not defend. Save you time and go spend some time with your millionaire wife.
Thu 30/10/03 at 20:37
"slightlyshortertagl"
eeeerrrrr

Legalities rule over principles.
Thu 30/10/03 at 20:35
Regular
ÂLÂ??ÂÎR wrote:
> http://au.playstation.com/piracy/index.jhtml
>
> Please do shut up you c*ck faced moron.

Can't be a*sed to read it, cos' we are way past legalities now you c*ck faced moron. You haven't got answers for the other points I made have you?
Thu 30/10/03 at 20:30
Regular
http://au.playstation.com/piracy/index.jhtml

Please do shut up you c*ck faced moron.
Thu 30/10/03 at 20:28
Regular
Belldandy wrote:

> No it's not, respected national retailers don't sell them because
> they are ILLEGAL, independent retailers do sell them sometimes
> because they are more likely to get away with it and it would be far
> easier to remove the incriminating evidence should Mr Trading
> Standards pay a morning battering ram visit. I know of one place
> where the guy kept all the mod chips in a First Aid case to keep them
> hidden.
>
> *picks up chessboard, throw's Nomino's pieces down the toilet"
>
> Check.

Your so-called respected national retailers never sold them even when they where "legal", so that argument is total b*llocks. The modding scene has always been "underground", which makes a total mockery of SONY getting the sale of them illegal.

If SONY really are that bothered, why am I able to list the sites of several well-known mail-order companies who have been selling (and continue to sell) mod-chips and pre-modded consoles for years? So easily trackable, but still going strong.

The truth is, in the grand scheme of things, SONY really don't give a t*ss. To help matters, they go and manufacture a DVD writer with which you can copy their games! Hell, they've even gone and made the networkable PSX that has a massive HD and a DVD writer built in!! If that's not encouraging piracy, I don't know what is.

*sets up new chess game with the pieces set up as prior to being flushed down the toilet*

CHECK MATE!! lol You walked right into that one eh?!
Thu 30/10/03 at 18:19
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Nomino wrote:
> Let's just put things into context here for a moment. The music
> industry is taking a huge hit with piracy, much more than games,

Pardon? Where's the justification for that? Games have always been heavily hit - in the East it is verging on impossible to buy a genuine copy as pirates have flooded the market. Estimates for either industry are similarly pull-a-number-out-of-the-air, but there is no way you can say one is more effected than the other as no one knows.
Thu 30/10/03 at 18:14
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Belldandy wrote:
> Actually Edgy doesn't need to prove it because a recent court ruling
> in favour of Sony UK ruled that:

Don't suppose you have the citation? I had been keeping up do date on this subject for ages because I intended to do a research project based on software piracy (actually a brilliant area to show the differences between the legal methods of approaching the problem from around the world), but after deciding I had little to gain from it I stopped paying attention. Be interested to read the case anyway if there has been a decision.
Thu 30/10/03 at 14:40
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Nomino wrote:
> They are large businesses with a lot to lose, and if they want to
> continue selling SONY hardware & software, they had better abide
> by SONYs rules. Whether they are truly illegal or not is irrelevant
> in this case.

No it's not, respected national retailers don't sell them because they are ILLEGAL, independent retailers do sell them sometimes because they are more likely to get away with it and it would be far easier to remove the incriminating evidence should Mr Trading Standards pay a morning battering ram visit. I know of one place where the guy kept all the mod chips in a First Aid case to keep them hidden.

*picks up chessboard, throw's Nomino's pieces down the toilet"

Check.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.