GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"F-zero rocks"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'F-Zero GX'.
Wed 05/11/03 at 11:14
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
This is such an immense improvement at least graphically over the last one. Ive not played it too much, but i did start the story mode yesterday which i have to say is really good. The cut scenes are top notch.

Ive bought some parts and stuff from the shop, but havent put them to any real use yet.
Sat 08/11/03 at 22:50
"The Will of D."
cookie monster wrote:
> Psyİho Fox wrote:
> Killing people is much easier
> now with the side strafe attack, doesn't slow you down as much as
> the
> stupid spin attack.
>
> There has always been a side attack.

There was never one is F-Zero X on the N64, i read through the manual and there was only the spin.
Sat 08/11/03 at 22:45
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Psyİho Fox wrote:
> Killing people is much easier
> now with the side strafe attack, doesn't slow you down as much as the
> stupid spin attack.

There has always been a side attack.

My custom ship is BBB and only 1860kg, its a hotrod, especially with The Skull at the helm.
Sat 08/11/03 at 22:40
"The Will of D."
I've got a custom ship with good stats, but it's still not quite light enough, hopefully there will be more lighter A and B parts coming for me when i finish the harder grand prix and story modes.
I use Kate Elen, she is excellent, she is very responsive and fast.

I have now completed Standard Mode Ruby Cup in 1st place (just coz Black Bull was in the lead I had to assasinate him on the 3rd track just so i could come 1st overall, lol) Killing people is much easier now with the side strafe attack, doesn't slow you down as much as the stupid spin attack.
Sat 08/11/03 at 22:29
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
My custom ship is so beautiful it almost moves me to tears.

It rips the competition a new ass as well, i completed ruby and sapphire cups on novice and standard on my first go. That black shadow mission on very hard is still giving me a headache though, the turn just before the 3 dirt patches ALWAYS catches me out, im at my wits end.

And i think Micheal Chain's car on the chain gang mission is made of bloody kevlar, its solid as a rock, at least on very hard.
Sat 08/11/03 at 16:55
Regular
Finally completed the first cup on Novice, Standard and Expert, took Mighty Hurricane (who is excellent) to do it, but I finally did. I also did the last level on Novice, the last two tracks are excellent.

Oh, and I took over an hour trying to do the first Story Chapter on Hard. Came SOOO close so very many times, then I finally did it and realise you need to finish the three laps as welll as collect all 30 orbs. I don't even want to know to what Very Hard is like.

Oh, and I did the second chapter on Hard, which is fairly simple.

I'm still quite amazed as to how brilliant this game has got. At first I thought it was rubbish and, quite frankly, it was. The mix of exciting tracks and superb AI as you progress really does make all the difference. Plus the game is starting to just that little bit faster, previously it was just too slow, especially since I expected what I saw in the videos.

Making my own ship rocks, too. Even if it looks brilliant and handles like a pig without any limbs, it's one of my favourite features so far. Making an Emblemis pretty crap, but I've managed to create an alright one, so I'm happy.

Anyway, whoop, got too many games to play I don't know if I'll even get the chance to give F-Zero the attention it deserves, what with Viewtiful Joe, Worms 3D (for multiplayer mostly), Rebel Strike and Billy Hatcher coming soon.

Brilliant :-D
Sat 08/11/03 at 16:43
Regular
The story mode is excellent, and there's so much to unlock.
Sat 08/11/03 at 16:32
Regular
"gsybe you!"
F-Zero is great fun.

Insanely fast, beautiful and very busy.

Excellent game.
Fri 07/11/03 at 15:55
Me too, if I can get a damn cable converter. Haven't played on the GC for 6 weeks now, and it's slowly p!ssing me off.
Fri 07/11/03 at 15:53
"Mimmargh!"
I'll get this for X-mas.

That will be all.
Fri 07/11/03 at 15:51
Yeah, I just need the converter - if one exists.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.