GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"F-zero rocks"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'F-Zero GX'.
Wed 05/11/03 at 11:14
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
This is such an immense improvement at least graphically over the last one. Ive not played it too much, but i did start the story mode yesterday which i have to say is really good. The cut scenes are top notch.

Ive bought some parts and stuff from the shop, but havent put them to any real use yet.
Wed 05/11/03 at 11:14
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
This is such an immense improvement at least graphically over the last one. Ive not played it too much, but i did start the story mode yesterday which i have to say is really good. The cut scenes are top notch.

Ive bought some parts and stuff from the shop, but havent put them to any real use yet.
Wed 05/11/03 at 11:24
Regular
I love it. Not as much as I thought I would, but I love it.
Wed 05/11/03 at 12:14
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Getting used to the handling can be tricky, i missed a few capsules on story mode because i thought i would have slid into it when i didnt. I also tried to do that "Snaking" move, but couldnt pull it off, i'll try again when i get home, which is still hours away.

:(
Wed 05/11/03 at 12:20
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
Going to buy this and three new official controllers.

Made the mistake of getting some of those crappy ones with some SR reddies a while back. They quickly degenerated into nothingness.
Wed 05/11/03 at 12:43
Regular
"hit the road jack"
This game is hard (-duh)

Had it for a while now but im stuck on story mode 3 or 4. The race on the mini track with all the jumps. It's out of 12 racers and you have to get 1st. Tough but im getting better at it.
Custom ship building is brilliant. The one I mainly use is red with the orange flames. Rating A, B, C and it's not too heavy either.
I was browsing hmv this lunchtime watching people play it and their expressions when they un-paused it with the ship travelling 1500kph, lol :D

The one problem though is the toughness. It's very nice to have a challenge but for me, I can see myself not completing it. NGC said in their handbook how tough they thought it was and although the handbook is handy, it doesnt play the game for you. It's still you who has to press all the buttons and control the ship. The levels without side barriers I find almost impossible. But im sure if I keep practising I will get through most of it because overall its an amazing game.
Wed 05/11/03 at 12:46
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I got onto thet story mission last night, the music is excellent. The only problem i have is trying to remain fairly conservative with the boost. I boost right off the track on a number of occasions.

And dont even get me started on the first one on very hard mode.
Wed 05/11/03 at 12:46
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
*The

*Does spazzy face*
Wed 05/11/03 at 12:59
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I've been saying how good this is for 2 months, best racing game since GT3, I have a friends web address with replays for all Story Mode chapters on Very Hard, will dig it out and post it hear later, you can download and watch them in awe !

How about seeing you all over at fzerocentral.com (I'm 49th out of 99 entrants at the moment)
Wed 05/11/03 at 13:00
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
How did you take the replays?
Wed 05/11/03 at 13:06
Regular
How the hell do you race against ghosts? I've been trying to figure it out for ages but... I can't.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.