GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"F-zero rocks"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'F-Zero GX'.
Wed 05/11/03 at 11:14
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
This is such an immense improvement at least graphically over the last one. Ive not played it too much, but i did start the story mode yesterday which i have to say is really good. The cut scenes are top notch.

Ive bought some parts and stuff from the shop, but havent put them to any real use yet.
Thu 06/11/03 at 14:05
"The Will of D."
Do you have to complete the grand prix cups on expert to unlock master mode for them?
Thu 06/11/03 at 14:30
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
yes
Thu 06/11/03 at 15:58
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Strafex wrote:
> Does that mean that the computer "cheats" just like in
> F-Zero X?
> That's a bit disappointing, I thought they'd be past that by now.

No. His car is more suited to boosting than yours, therefore he uses up his boosts right at the beginning on the opening straight. You'll find that if you boost at the start you'll keep up with him, but it's best not to.

As I stated below, save your boosts, as the lead he has built up for himself is dramatically reduced when he decides to swerve all over the place. Then at the end, he can't boost as he's out of them, and you can just fly past him. Don't try killing though; too risky.

It's not cheating - just strange tactics for the computer.
Thu 06/11/03 at 16:38
"The Will of D."
AfroJoe wrote:
> Strafex wrote:
> Does that mean that the computer "cheats" just like in
> F-Zero X?
> That's a bit disappointing, I thought they'd be past that by now.
>
> No. His car is more suited to boosting than yours, therefore he uses
> up his boosts right at the beginning on the opening straight. You'll
> find that if you boost at the start you'll keep up with him, but it's
> best not to.

I don't boost right away because I am only at 400KM per hour when the maximum without boosting on Falcons car is about 1020KPH, so i usually boost as soon as it is at maximum efficiency and that it is at least a clear and easily avoid track of falling boulders while I have the speed boost.
Thu 06/11/03 at 22:27
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Thankfully ive managed to do escape from the power plant on very hard, after flying into the closing gate 3 times. I also done the grand prix one on easy. That one where you race the underworld chapion is quite hard.
Thu 06/11/03 at 22:31
Regular
I'll get round to playing it soon.

Must do Viewtiful!
Thu 06/11/03 at 23:19
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I'll get this tomorrow but I won't be able to play it because I'll be cooking the whole evening.
RAaaaaar.
Thu 06/11/03 at 23:29
Regular
"Touched!"
djerrod wrote:
> I'll get this tomorrow but I won't be able to play it because I'll be
> cooking the whole evening.
> RAaaaaar.

Steak n chips? yum.
Fri 07/11/03 at 07:56
"The Will of D."
I've finally been able to build a pretty decent ship out of parts I bought, and coloured and stuck emblems on it, it looks quite cool to me.
It's stats are C Body, B Boost, B Grip. Not bad, but i had a body that was an A but it was too heavy and made my craft unsuitable for the Sapphire cup.
Fri 07/11/03 at 09:55
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
For Body a C stat is OK, I always go for C-B-B or C-A-A stats

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.