GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"F-zero rocks"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'F-Zero GX'.
Wed 05/11/03 at 11:14
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
This is such an immense improvement at least graphically over the last one. Ive not played it too much, but i did start the story mode yesterday which i have to say is really good. The cut scenes are top notch.

Ive bought some parts and stuff from the shop, but havent put them to any real use yet.
Fri 07/11/03 at 15:49
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I see what you mean now, male to male, how strange, it only has the USB input, nothing else ? - sure there are convertors in the box or anything.

If that's the case Maplins will be the answer.
Fri 07/11/03 at 15:30
Yep, that's what I mean by the Y W R (yellow white red) cables. From the GC side, I've disconnected them, and from your TV it looks like there are three connectors for these cables. But mine has a USB port instead, which is OK if the cables coming out from it were female connectors - but they're the same as the GC AV cables (male).

And they're not answering, so I've sent an email.
Fri 07/11/03 at 15:27
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
even a PC/laptop doesn't output a picture via the USB port so I've never heard of a connector like that before, so the TV has AV input sockets but what Gamecube lead do you have ? - the one I got with my Cube had the 3 AV plugs inserted into a scart connector but the AV plugs can be disconnected from the scart adaptor and plugged in individually if you wanted - have you not got the same lead ?
Fri 07/11/03 at 15:19
Rightio. Instead of the Y W R cables, I get a USB connector and the cable which connects to it has them on the end.
Fri 07/11/03 at 15:18
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
think you should give them a call on Enquiries: 0845 644 0920
and ask, they're must be any easy solution.
Fri 07/11/03 at 15:12
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
My mini TV had AV inputs, not leads coming from it so I simply connected the Cube via the yellow and white AV connectors.

I guess the leads coming fom the TV cannot be disconnected to change them into Inputs ?

Failing anything easy I suggest a trip to your local Maplins (assuming you have one) they have a lead/connector for everything !
Fri 07/11/03 at 13:44
Ar, VR, I have a question for you; I received the mini TV today - there's an A/V jack (USB) with a provided AV cable which has the RYW composite phono cables coming out. Problem is, I can't connect to the Gamecube this way as it has the same cables itself. I was wondering how you connected your GC to the TV you bought?
Fri 07/11/03 at 13:33
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Frost Lynx G4 and Garnet Goose Z I find best overall for Championship if you've got the parts to build them, beat most levels on first or second go.
Fri 07/11/03 at 10:20
Regular
Now I'm really starting to love this. Tried the first cup on Expert and did pretty bad. First time around I used my crappy home-made ship (that looks brilliant, thouhg :-D) and came 3rd, even though it handled like a pig. Second time, used my personal favourite, Mighty Typhoon, and came second, a VERY close second. Then I tried with Captain Falcon and came 3rd again.

It's so annoying but the AI is just amazing. Still, not as fast as I'd anticipated, but getting really good. Now I can try the fourth chapter of Story Mode.
Fri 07/11/03 at 09:55
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
For Body a C stat is OK, I always go for C-B-B or C-A-A stats

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.