GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy XIII Discussion Thread"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy XIII'.
Wed 10/03/10 at 13:52
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Big name, big game and big fan following...it's bound to be a game widely discussed!

As we seem to have a thread for most of the big games, I thought we may as well have one for this behemoth of a game - so if you have any ideas, favourite ways to play the game or just want to pass comment on what already appears to be a fantastic and absorbing game - please post here.

If you want to discuss the plot or other aspects of the storyline - remember to use the
Show Spoiler
tags to hide it from people who want to play the game without ruining it for themselves.

first off...I'm liking the combat system now - no definite turn based combat? Action seems to be constant even though you have to select your moves. Brilliant?
Page:
Sun 25/07/10 at 17:47
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Grrr... reloaded an old save point as I can't get past the boss at the end (presumably) of chapter 11. I did end up back at the 'Syn' field and now I'm running around in pigging circles trying to get the 3rd mission done!!!

This stupid **** $$YWW q R TQATGA TGETGA game is doing my tree in now. Soooo very close to no longer enjoying it and calling it quits. That would be a sad first :(

I'm posting this because, usually, as soon as I complain about something I solve it and feel daft ><
Fri 23/07/10 at 13:33
Regular
darksoul wrote:
> hey guys i am stuck on the ship wer u have to defeat the boss
> with all the heads on the side of the ship wer u have to take the
> heads off the side first blah blah!! im findin this boss a pain 2
> get past!! any help would b appreciated :D

barthendules is the boss's name
Fri 23/07/10 at 11:31
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Aha! thanks - I'll keep plodding forwards then as I'd hate to have to turn back now ><
Fri 23/07/10 at 09:13
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Don't hold your breath for a ship, a feathery yellow mode of transport though....

I'm fairly certain that you cannot miss the first one as it is part of a mission (the tower one you mentioned), similar to the first one in the field and the last one before you head into Chapter 12. If memory serves there is a teleport in the room before the final boss which allows you back to the field.
Thu 22/07/10 at 16:47
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Oh oh... okay, I've just read most of the thread including the spoilers.

Warhunt? I think I am at the end, or very close to the end, of chapter 11 (or maybe 12). Do you recommend I turn around and go back to the field now or is there going to be an easier way to return later in the game?

Show Spoiler

Probably didn't need the spoiler button but heyho
Thu 15/07/10 at 20:05
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
Destrudo is his charge attack, Smile is where he opens up his face and hits a multi-laser straight line attack that hits anyone in range. He fell in about 15 minutes due to his Destrudo timing, but past him now.
Wed 14/07/10 at 12:18
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I agree he is cheap, but if you do it right Destrudo does almost no damage.

When he starts laughing and building up (it might be destrudo or smile actually......) PUMMEL him with everything you have. After a round or so, he will stagger back (the action not stagger gauge ;) )..... noticeably and grunt.

Switch to Defensive paradigm and the move does 50% damage, and with your bonuses with Sentinel.... almost nothing. The move after, just stay defensive, and the healing should cope through it....
Tue 13/07/10 at 22:19
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
I have currently taken a break at the first Barthandelus fight. Not that he's particularly difficult, but I felt that the manner in which I have been game over'd against him have been particularly cheap. The first time was at approximately half to 2/3 HP following the first stagger completion. He cast Destrudo immediately followed by Thanatosian Smile.

The second time he was at approximately 10,000HP remaining, having just staggered him, he starts casting of Destrudo, which, of course (rather cheaply) removes stagger status. I am then, from full health, one hit KO'd from Destrudo...can't say I was too pleased with that...
Tue 13/07/10 at 21:11
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Warhunt wrote:
> I've pretty much explained the weapon upgrading system to death
> on this thread as it goes. You might pick up some pointers
> there.
>
> TBH tho, it doesn't really matter what you pick for each
> char.... just pick one and upgrade it and stick with it.

K, thanks. I know there are only 6 pages but that saves me trawling backwards with one eye closed :)

I think darksoul is talking about the Primarch Bar(something). I remember defeating that by pure luck and lots of teeth gnashing
Tue 13/07/10 at 17:35
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Give us the name of the boss, and we'll try to help...
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.