GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy XIII Discussion Thread"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy XIII'.
Wed 10/03/10 at 13:52
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Big name, big game and big fan following...it's bound to be a game widely discussed!

As we seem to have a thread for most of the big games, I thought we may as well have one for this behemoth of a game - so if you have any ideas, favourite ways to play the game or just want to pass comment on what already appears to be a fantastic and absorbing game - please post here.

If you want to discuss the plot or other aspects of the storyline - remember to use the
Show Spoiler
tags to hide it from people who want to play the game without ruining it for themselves.

first off...I'm liking the combat system now - no definite turn based combat? Action seems to be constant even though you have to select your moves. Brilliant?
Page:
Thu 11/03/10 at 08:14
Regular
"THFC"
I played 30 mins last night, thats all i had time for. But graphics are sweet and the battle system seems to be good.

No idea what the story is, but i guess that is to be expected in a Final Fantasy Game lol

I will give it a good few hours tonight hopefully.
Thu 11/03/10 at 08:14
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Gold Timbo wrote:
>There's a lot of cut scenes though, but
> surprisingly I'm not minding that as much as I thought I might
> because they're jolly good.

I know, I usually skip cutscenes in all games, but always watch them on FF games.

Played for another half hour last night, so just about an hour in. Told my family that I am not emerging from my room on Sunday (luckily for me, well I guess, my mum is disappearing out for the day on Mothers Day...)

Is there a levelling up system this time? And what is with the rating system and scores? I guess this should come in to play later on...
Wed 10/03/10 at 17:38
Regular
"Poison meat for all"
I'm really enjoying it to be honest, the game's still in the process of drip-feeding me new battle tweaks 7 hours in but it's kept it interesting. There's a lot of cut scenes though, but surprisingly I'm not minding that as much as I thought I might because they're jolly good.
Wed 10/03/10 at 14:02
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Don't know about the level up system yet as I am only a couple of hours in, moto should show his penguin face around here at some point to fill us in, he is a lot further on than me!

Not having any towns may be a problem further down the line, where I am at the moment though it wouldn't make a difference.
Wed 10/03/10 at 13:59
Regular
"THFC"
Well mine is still in the wrapping, waiting to be played, so please no spoilers lol.

But do i wait until after WKC, or do i put that on hold and come back to it after FF13 has been completed.

I heard there are no towns in the game, is this a problem? I enjoy getting to new towns in an RPG and getting equipment, but i guess i can put my trust in Square and they will not mess it up.

I am excited about starting it tonight, i always love the start of an RPG! Could someone please let me know what the level up system is like!!
Wed 10/03/10 at 13:52
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Big name, big game and big fan following...it's bound to be a game widely discussed!

As we seem to have a thread for most of the big games, I thought we may as well have one for this behemoth of a game - so if you have any ideas, favourite ways to play the game or just want to pass comment on what already appears to be a fantastic and absorbing game - please post here.

If you want to discuss the plot or other aspects of the storyline - remember to use the
Show Spoiler
tags to hide it from people who want to play the game without ruining it for themselves.

first off...I'm liking the combat system now - no definite turn based combat? Action seems to be constant even though you have to select your moves. Brilliant?
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.