GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy XIII Discussion Thread"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy XIII'.
Wed 10/03/10 at 13:52
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Big name, big game and big fan following...it's bound to be a game widely discussed!

As we seem to have a thread for most of the big games, I thought we may as well have one for this behemoth of a game - so if you have any ideas, favourite ways to play the game or just want to pass comment on what already appears to be a fantastic and absorbing game - please post here.

If you want to discuss the plot or other aspects of the storyline - remember to use the
Show Spoiler
tags to hide it from people who want to play the game without ruining it for themselves.

first off...I'm liking the combat system now - no definite turn based combat? Action seems to be constant even though you have to select your moves. Brilliant?
Page:
Sun 08/08/10 at 21:09
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
Right, so Barthandelus Fight 1, my suggestion:

I believe for this fight I had Lightning, Snow/Fang, Vanille. Paradigms of use being RAV/COM/RAV, RAV/COM/MED, MED/SEN/MED.

Firstly, librascope to start off to get the four heads' weaknesses and strengths, and just go ahead attacking the heads one by one with Relentless Assault and Diversity (for healing if the attacks of Barthandelus are hurting too much).

Following the destruction of the heads, the body becomes vulnerable. A similiar sort of strategy, Relentless Assault to increase the chain gauge and Diversity for healing.

For more powerful attacks: T Smile, I suggest Combat Clinic, then back to normal after healing.

Destrudo: Relentless Assault until Barthandelus collapses, this significantly reduces the amount of damage that he gives out (although i'd still suggest a switch to Combat Clinic just to minimize the amount of damage and speed up the party healing)

Continuing the switch between offense and defence should have Barthandelus down with very few problems.
Sun 08/08/10 at 19:36
Regular
Ineedsleep wrote:
> Warhunt wrote:
> I've pretty much explained the weapon upgrading system to death
> on this thread as it goes. You might pick up some pointers
> there.
>
> TBH tho, it doesn't really matter what you pick for each
> char.... just pick one and upgrade it and stick with it.
>
> K, thanks. I know there are only 6 pages but that saves me
> trawling backwards with one eye closed :)
>
> I think darksoul is talking about the Primarch Bar(something).
> I remember defeating that by pure luck and lots of teeth gnashing

barthendules is his name wot stratadgy would you suggest?
Fri 06/08/10 at 12:13
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Thats the only trophy i don't have atm.

The amount of work it needs is insane. You need to have held all the rank 1, rank 2 and at least 1 version of the ultimate weapon for each character.

To upgrade to rank 2 is fairly cheap.... but 8 weapons on each 6 char adds up. Then add 6 upgrades from rank 2 to ultimate.....

It's a fortune put it that way.
Fri 06/08/10 at 11:48
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
I ran out of shrouds ages ago ><

I'm not going for the treasure hunter trophy though so I think it's time I started to destroy all the stuff I never ever used.

Thanks for the tips :)
Fri 06/08/10 at 11:20
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Make sure you stock up on Shrouds before the hunts. Makes things much much easier to get 5 star when having the haste shroud on.

also a small tip, the star rating system is dependant on how "good" your characters are. Some of the marks become easier to 5 star if you actually take off your best gear. (This is quite rare though).
Fri 06/08/10 at 10:10
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Oh my... Done! :D

I really, really, enjoyed playing this game in the end and am so glad I nicked my nephews PS3 for it. He's making gentle hints that he'd like it back now but I'm not handing it over yet. Going to go back and finish the missions which will mean upgrading some of the stuff I've collected.

Not finding them that easy now. I'm being deaded before I can finish the thought "hmm... what do I do here" ><
Mon 26/07/10 at 17:49
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
I'll be honest, the boss at the end of chapter 11 caused me a lot less problems than people had me believe he would. It was a bit awkward with my girlfriend watching me play with her being a couple of chapters behind, trying to ensure no spoilers got through...managed to not give too much away, I think.
Mon 26/07/10 at 13:53
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
It's pretty easy to redo them. Teleporter just outside (ish). ANd the missions themselves are easy.
Mon 26/07/10 at 13:36
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
At last I find that I'm now addicted to this game after running around and doing a few missions. After doing the first couple I just kept 'having a quick look' at the next one. 10 missions later it's 3.00 am and I had to quit and go sleep! Not surprised I was having so much trouble at the end of chapter 11 - it's disgusting what I missed out earlier.

Not even the thought of having to redo the tower quests is dampening my enthusiasm atm
Sun 25/07/10 at 18:39
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
... and solve it I did :)
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.