GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy XIII Discussion Thread"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy XIII'.
Wed 10/03/10 at 13:52
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Big name, big game and big fan following...it's bound to be a game widely discussed!

As we seem to have a thread for most of the big games, I thought we may as well have one for this behemoth of a game - so if you have any ideas, favourite ways to play the game or just want to pass comment on what already appears to be a fantastic and absorbing game - please post here.

If you want to discuss the plot or other aspects of the storyline - remember to use the
Show Spoiler
tags to hide it from people who want to play the game without ruining it for themselves.

first off...I'm liking the combat system now - no definite turn based combat? Action seems to be constant even though you have to select your moves. Brilliant?
Page:
Mon 11/10/10 at 11:40
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Ineedsleep wrote:
3rd disc? I only had one...

HM has a 360, not a PS3 like the cool kids.
Mon 11/10/10 at 10:40
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
3rd disc? I only had one...
Mon 11/10/10 at 10:20
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I'm actually gutted I never got around to finishing it before I left for uni. I'm just onto the third disc and I guess that's where I shall be until Christmas. Sad times :(
Sun 03/10/10 at 16:22
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
chapter 8 was seriously short! interesting developmenets though. on 9 now, near end of it by the feel of the atmosphere, it'll have to wait til tuesday now though, work work work, bah!
Sat 02/10/10 at 16:30
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
finished chapter 7 on wednesday night, strange chapter, felt a bit like boss after boss, although the actual boss at the end wasnt exactly hard to fell, just took a while to do it! havent started chapter 8 yet, gonna have a crack at it this evening!
Fri 01/10/10 at 18:15
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Only one who didnt need to man up was Lightning though in fairness.

Mission 62 gave me some jip, but I did it fairly easily in the end. Just upgrade a few of the mag resist items and equip them. I know it sounds simple, but so few people do it. Each of my chars had about 66% magic resist on, which turns their moves into nul basically.

Use Aegisol and other shroud before battle. Start out with 3 SAB, and then debuff them as much as you can. Use 3 ravagers when they have reduced the enmies mag resitance. As soon as it breaks, go COM, COM, COM if the enemy has reduced pyhs resist or com, rav, rav still.

Getting 5 starts should be fairly easy, though you may need to just complete it then get the gold watch and come back for 5 stars.
Thu 30/09/10 at 08:58
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
I found each character's 'summon boss' were the only ones that gave me any trouble.

I agree with the Hope comment though, he is a whiny little so-and-so. Snow needed to man up as well, in my opinion.
Wed 29/09/10 at 21:57
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
only bought this game a couple of weeks ago, on chapter 7 at the moment, thought id hate the linear feel to it but i actually dont mind it. Hope is such a pain in the backside! Not been too challenging so far, couple of places took me a few goes to get past, but plain sailing other than that.
Fri 20/08/10 at 15:23
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Yada, yada, yada.... blinking mission 62! Watched the vids, taken the hints and yet still get squashed by them.

Don't even get me started on the Adamans - always 5 star them yet still no drop of the catalyst I need :(

* hoping now I've posted that I'll be successful at both - it usually works that way ><*
Mon 09/08/10 at 12:30
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Pretty much covered everything there. One small addition however that I found useful.

I believe the the heads upgrade themselves when another dies.

All 4 heads cast "Rank 1" spells ie Fire, but when you kill 2 they start casting Fira and the last one alive casts Firaga etc.

For this reason I killed 2, then got the last 2 down to 5-10% life left each. I then killed them both at the same time very quickly.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.