GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy XIII Discussion Thread"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy XIII'.
Wed 10/03/10 at 13:52
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Big name, big game and big fan following...it's bound to be a game widely discussed!

As we seem to have a thread for most of the big games, I thought we may as well have one for this behemoth of a game - so if you have any ideas, favourite ways to play the game or just want to pass comment on what already appears to be a fantastic and absorbing game - please post here.

If you want to discuss the plot or other aspects of the storyline - remember to use the
Show Spoiler
tags to hide it from people who want to play the game without ruining it for themselves.

first off...I'm liking the combat system now - no definite turn based combat? Action seems to be constant even though you have to select your moves. Brilliant?
Page:
Mon 15/03/10 at 12:41
Regular
"THFC"
Well thats good to hear! I look forward to getting on with it some more (oh and does the story finally make sense lol, i keep thinking i know it, then i get confused!)
Mon 15/03/10 at 12:04
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
There are some bits where I went back and "levelled". Normally if I found a particularly good bit where CP is easyish i would do it twice over or more. One of the Eidolons caused me a lot of trouble, so I levelled up massively...but that was the only situation I had to.

So far I have no idea how long I have played. At least 30+ hours though easily.

I agree with what some people have said though. The crystarium starts out very easy, but then the incline is incredibly dramatic. It goes from 800 CP each step to 4000 and then to like 10000-15000.
(This is if you do not include the steps for non standard roles where steps are between 40000-60000

Oh and rating? Easily 8.5/10. It does not get more as there is no "side game" or very many side quests.

On the scale of other FF's? (Using PSOne games upwards)
FF7
FF10/13
FF 9
FF8/12
FF 10 (2)
Mon 15/03/10 at 11:52
Regular
"THFC"
So no real need to go "levelling up" as such, guess any bonus bits and pieces you do will help out.

How long does the game take then - 30/40 hours?? And the big question, where do you rank the game in your FF list lol
Mon 15/03/10 at 11:46
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
It does get hard in some bits. There are a couple of bosses, and the Eidolon battles can be damn annoying if you don't understand them.... (Damn you Hectoncheir!)
Mon 15/03/10 at 11:24
Regular
"THFC"
The Messiah has returned from his week away lol

Well you have got through it all rather quick. Is the game difficult? Did you go off fighting monsters to boost stats etc or just following down the roads given and not going back, does that give you enough to beat the game??(or til the last chapter lol)

I think i must be chapter 3 or 4. So plenty left, really need some dedicated time to just push on with it!!
Mon 15/03/10 at 11:06
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Just about to start the last chapter and am happily enjoying it still.

To answer some questions, medics never attack, and never learn any move that can damage. If they have no one to heal they just stand there. (Same with synergists)

Saboteurs are similar but they do learn moves which do damage so they will continue to use these even if the enemy already has the debuff.

My setup at the moment (near endgame) is Light, Fang, Hope. I start with RAV, COM, SYN until everyone has the basic protect/shell relevant to the battle (or bar- moves if needed) then switch to COM, RAV, RAV until staggered, then COM, COM, RAV.

Some of the sidequests are pretty froody, and the open area in chapter 11 is large enough to keep the "linear" gameplay at bay for a while.

Also something you may want to know, "role levels" do help out. Each job has a specific augmentation (sentinel reducing incoming damage etc). The role level increases these augments.
Mon 15/03/10 at 08:47
Regular
"THFC"
Did not really get much time at the weekend to play much, did get an hour or so in, but need to push on more as i am enjoying it so far!

[SPOILER]

I am at the Vile Peaks section, gone through a few parts on it and just got to a section where Lightening is off on her own and Sazh, Hope and Vanille all joined up.

Still enjoying everything and finally got Stage 2 of the various Roles, but it is only stage 2, not Level 2!! Hoping to get Snow back soon, he is my favourite character by far!

[/SPOILER/
Mon 15/03/10 at 00:08
Regular
"Poison meat for all"
It reminds me of this actually.

This bit from about 30 seconds to 1:15 is utterly incredible, it's almost as good as leekspin.
Mon 15/03/10 at 00:03
Regular
"Poison meat for all"
The music is starting to do my head in, there's just so much reptition! Bring back FFVII's awesome midis!

This is one of the main culprits for sending you utterly mad. Skip to about 1:30 and see your life flash before your eyes.
Sat 13/03/10 at 11:47
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Lightning is my COM and Snow as my SENT, he seems to hold onto defense pretty well and Lightning is pretty strong now.

I'm probably at same point as Butch atm. I enjoy seeing this story develop!
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.