GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy XIII Discussion Thread"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy XIII'.
Wed 10/03/10 at 13:52
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Big name, big game and big fan following...it's bound to be a game widely discussed!

As we seem to have a thread for most of the big games, I thought we may as well have one for this behemoth of a game - so if you have any ideas, favourite ways to play the game or just want to pass comment on what already appears to be a fantastic and absorbing game - please post here.

If you want to discuss the plot or other aspects of the storyline - remember to use the
Show Spoiler
tags to hide it from people who want to play the game without ruining it for themselves.

first off...I'm liking the combat system now - no definite turn based combat? Action seems to be constant even though you have to select your moves. Brilliant?
Page:
Fri 12/03/10 at 11:56
Regular
"Poison meat for all"
Oh, and don't sell all that junk you keep collecting! It comes in handy later on.
Fri 12/03/10 at 11:52
Regular
"THFC"
jubbamhc wrote:
> I submitted a Walkthrough for this yesterday btw

You completed the game? Or do you mean on levelling up etc?

Oh and thanks Timbo, guess i can just store up CP until it unlocks!
Fri 12/03/10 at 11:49
Regular
"Poison meat for all"
Mild spoilers related to your question. Game play ones, anyway.

Show Spoiler
Fri 12/03/10 at 11:48
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
I submitted a Walkthrough for this yesterday btw
Fri 12/03/10 at 08:32
Regular
"THFC"
Finally got to the upgrade system, but a quick question!

With a couple of characters, like Snow i have maxed out all his Lv1 stats, how do i upgrade to getting level 2?? Also do you know if Medic learn any attack options??

Show Spoiler

Is it possible to change your party early on??
Fri 12/03/10 at 07:58
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Emmie87 wrote:
> The slightly worrying thing i am reading is that the first like
> 10-13 hours are like the start where you have to run down a path
> and fight a few enemies, your not given any freedom..... might be
> an issue but i am sure it will be fine.

I've noticed that, but I am enjoying getting used to the battle system and trying to figure out the story. As well as gawping at the graphics (and Vanille reminds me of a girl I had a crush on - it's like a pink-haired version of her... and the fact she seems to be have a slight narrative role, I think she is more important than the game is currently letting on)

And thanks moto for the heads about the upgrading system. Can't wait for it to kick in. I'm only 2 hours in at the moment! Early start for me tomorrow then, so I can dive into the story!
Thu 11/03/10 at 12:21
Regular
"THFC"
The slightly worrying thing i am reading is that the first like 10-13 hours are like the start where you have to run down a path and fight a few enemies, your not given any freedom..... might be an issue but i am sure it will be fine.

Loving the graphics, just keen to get home tonight and play some more lol
Thu 11/03/10 at 09:25
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
Probably about 3/4 hours in, or if you skip all the cut-scenes, probably about 10 minutes (jokes).

Not sure whether they build up in the battles before in all honesty :(. Doesn't take long to max out the crystalium for each character to start off with.
Thu 11/03/10 at 09:03
Regular
"THFC"
Cool, how long does it take to get that and does all the previous battles you have been in count towards when you can start to gain new abilities etc?

Just wondering if it is worth any extra fights before getting to that point!
Thu 11/03/10 at 08:56
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
I think the rating and scores build up your technique gauge and also add up to the amount of crystalium points that you get.

You guys probably haven't go to it yet but improving skills is similar (if not exactly the same) as FF10, its kinda hard to describe, but if you wait you'll see what I mean. Theres an option that will be added to the main menu for improving skills called 'crystalium'.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.