GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy XIII Discussion Thread"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy XIII'.
Wed 10/03/10 at 13:52
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Big name, big game and big fan following...it's bound to be a game widely discussed!

As we seem to have a thread for most of the big games, I thought we may as well have one for this behemoth of a game - so if you have any ideas, favourite ways to play the game or just want to pass comment on what already appears to be a fantastic and absorbing game - please post here.

If you want to discuss the plot or other aspects of the storyline - remember to use the
Show Spoiler
tags to hide it from people who want to play the game without ruining it for themselves.

first off...I'm liking the combat system now - no definite turn based combat? Action seems to be constant even though you have to select your moves. Brilliant?
Page:
Fri 12/03/10 at 14:28
Regular
"THFC"
Yea, practically every "dead end" that has ome enemies down will give you something worthwhile. I picked up plenty of potions and weapons this way, this helps a lot.
Fri 12/03/10 at 14:27
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
jubbamhc wrote:
> Also what are peoples PSN names?

A thread you set up, no less

Saw you on it last night, I never did have you down as an FF fan. No real 'tips' at the early stage except what has already been mentioned, don't sell any random items you pick up as, from reading the manual, it seems you can customise weapons later on.

Also, if you are not an FF fan you may not be aware of this, if you see somewhere on the map that seems like a dead-end, go down it. Chances are there are a couple of items/weapons down there.
Fri 12/03/10 at 14:10
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
Ive never really been a big FF fan but bought this one yesterday, only played for about half hour last night, hopefully get some time in this weekend. Anyone got any tips for me?

Also what are peoples PSN names?
Fri 12/03/10 at 14:05
Regular
"THFC"
I am not too far from you then Butch, my earlier post gave where i was in the SPOILER section.

I might have to go with Com, Rav, Rav - but Snow is the most powerful and would like him in the Com role i think......

I am using Com, Rav, Medic at the moment, so if the medic would attack its win win lol.

I will try get some more played Saturday and a bit tonight, but its good at the moment, did read it takes until Chapter 11 to be able to switch your party freely, that kind of sucks, i assume there will be reasons, but not sure of them
Fri 12/03/10 at 13:48
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
I've just finished the Crystal lake section and will be starting in a new area when I play again. (How's that for being vague enough not to spoil things)

My main set up is COM, RAV, RAV but starting with COM, RAV, MEDIC for 'bosses' switching to COM, RAV, RAV when they are staggered.

Show Spoiler
Fri 12/03/10 at 13:27
Regular
"THFC"
Cool, Obviousley there are trophies for completing the level of each section e.g.

Commando,
Medic etc

So how hard do you reckon this is, i did not want to neglect one side of it. I am not a fan of using Sentinel, as Snow is so powerful i like him as a Commando.

What set up do you guys have? (any spoilers then please warn)
Fri 12/03/10 at 13:15
Regular
"Poison meat for all"
like i say she only attacks when she's not healing anybody, i.e. barely ever.
Fri 12/03/10 at 12:56
Regular
"THFC"
They can still attack?? Even when a Medic, maybe they get that in level 2, as Vanille has not got it yet! But when she does it will be handy as she can heal everyone and attack aswell!
Fri 12/03/10 at 12:38
Regular
"Poison meat for all"
I'm not sure that they can, I've got a lvl 3 medic and she doesn't really attack while she's in that paradigme no. They still do normal melee attacks if no one needs healing, but in FF13 someone always needs healing, even if just for a little bit.

To be fair if they made medics able to fight properly you could have a squad of medics who could never ever die and still kick ass. I can see why they've done it this way.
Fri 12/03/10 at 12:07
Regular
"THFC"
Cool, im about 3-4 hours through and enjoying it so far. I noticed that your health fully regenerates after each battle which is good.

Also, do Medics learn any attack options?? If they do it would be very useful, but at the moment they just cast cure every turn lol
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.