GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy XIII Discussion Thread"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy XIII'.
Wed 10/03/10 at 13:52
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Big name, big game and big fan following...it's bound to be a game widely discussed!

As we seem to have a thread for most of the big games, I thought we may as well have one for this behemoth of a game - so if you have any ideas, favourite ways to play the game or just want to pass comment on what already appears to be a fantastic and absorbing game - please post here.

If you want to discuss the plot or other aspects of the storyline - remember to use the
Show Spoiler
tags to hide it from people who want to play the game without ruining it for themselves.

first off...I'm liking the combat system now - no definite turn based combat? Action seems to be constant even though you have to select your moves. Brilliant?
Page:
Mon 15/03/10 at 14:53
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I noticed that too, I was catching up with this thread and saw that he had completed a walkthrough for us, then said he had only played 30 minutes :D

As long as he has permission it's within the guidelines so I'm happy.

Although I need to go and edit it majorly to work on our site :(
Mon 15/03/10 at 14:35
Regular
"THFC"
Just seen Jubba has posted a walkthrough for this, i was shocked at first that he had done that much..... then saw he credited it to the original poster lol. Still useful (but i was about to be very impressed with jubba lol)
Mon 15/03/10 at 14:33
Regular
"THFC"
Good tip, that will be helpful. As i had read not to sell anything as it is useful for customizing equipment!

I have picked up a couple better weapons while in game via treasure spheres, but its always an aspect i like, getting a new weapon and seeing the effects in your attack!
Mon 15/03/10 at 14:06
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
The eidolon battles are all the same sort of fashion. using "normal" tactics will only get you killed. On Shiva sisters you had just Snow, so you know that you would have to make use of Sentinel or Ravager skills. (Don't think you had commando by that point). So Just Sentinel all the major attacks and the bar goes up like rockets.

Not sure where you got Syn from in this bit :P

And I have about 6+ hours left to go from what I can tell, and to be honest it's probably more like 40+ easily. I am probably not a good example time to compare with as I will probably finish the game quicker than the average.

Oh and the Eidy bar only has to charge up to the word. thats 100%.

Incidentally I have heard a lot of people saying they are strapped for cash. Look in your inventory and you will no doubt have some items called "Credit Chips" or " Incentive Chips" dropped by human enemies. These have no effect otehr than to sell, and sell well. I had 90k worth before I realised this. Also pick one weapon you know you are not gonig to use, and sell it after making sure you can buy it back later. This will cover all you need to buy (which at this point is potions and P.Downs)
Mon 15/03/10 at 13:46
Regular
"THFC"
Haha, totally agree with you HM, i saw the bar going up a little bit, but i thought it had to get to the end. But i saw the square button appear, n hit it with not much time left and it worked!?
Mon 15/03/10 at 13:44
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Warhunt wrote:
> It does get hard in some bits. There are a couple of bosses, and
> the Eidolon battles can be damn annoying if you don't understand
> them.... (Damn you Hectoncheir!)

The Shiva sisters confused me.

Show Spoiler

Sounds like I am in the same part as Emmie. Hopefully will get a few more chapters done tonight!
Mon 15/03/10 at 13:38
Regular
"THFC"
I think 60+ hours would be a bit too much!

I am looking forward to finally getting some money in the game and getting better items and upgrading etc! But i heard getting money is not that easy!?!
Mon 15/03/10 at 13:26
Regular
"Poison meat for all"
You're on the last chapter 30+ hours in? Square reckoned it'd take 60 hours at least. Boo.
Mon 15/03/10 at 13:15
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
It doesn't really. It becomes a lot clearer but still lacks a certain...... FF7 ness. It does actually nark me a bit as teh story continually repeats itself to try and explain. But still good :D
Mon 15/03/10 at 12:56
Regular
ihave clocked that game it is hard and unfortunitly i have forgot how to play it
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.