GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Humanity is a Virus"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/09/01 at 12:43
Regular
Ok, I am going to rant. Any terms like "You" and "You people" are not directed at anyone here in particular, just in a "people suck" kind of way, so if you take offence?
That's probably because you feel guilty, so deal with it.

I've been reading about this Northern Ireland situation, and it's just another item in a long list of reasons why I despise 95% of the people that inhabit this planet.
I started a thread called "Please help me, I'm an idiot" in the DVD thread, and it ended up with me, Hooplah and Meka basically saying that this planet, as a species, is doomed to fail.

And for no other reason than it's blind stupidity and inability to deal with anything it perceives as different or strange.
Be it bullying kids, idiot religious folk murdering those that disagree (and I don't care what religion you are, murdering is wrong, if you disagree, then you're an idiot that needs more than the concept of heaven to save your worthless soul), people not bothering to learn as much as they can before they die.

There are so many things wrong with us, and we will never ever overcome these things and evolve.
I look around and I see idiot behaviour from most people on this planet.
Be it the mindless fools that decried Brasseye without even watching it, people that think Eminem should be banned, people that ban the teaching of the theory of evolution because it goes against their own beliefs...all good reasons to nuke this stupid planet and start over again.

We've had our chance and we blew it, and continue to blow it every single day that we continue to stumble along and bump into glass doors.
Be it moron tv shows that serve no purpose other than keep you inside and not doing anything positive to change your world, to The Sun - a worthless rag that thinks a football team winning a game is more important than civil war and murder in Rwanda.
I am ashamed to be part of this planet if I stop to think about what an idiotic species we are.

Popstars that think they matter, politicians refusing to hold peace talks because they don't like someone and condemn the rest of us to a lifetime of war and murder.
So many reasons to just hit "Eject" and go somewhere quiet.
Like the moon.

I see it in chimps that hate people because they're from another country, look different, speak funny or don't fit in with what they percieve their version of events to be.
I see it in newspapers that take pride in creating anti-german feelings over a goddamn football match.
Any number of things that are in plain view, but we're too concerned with watching soap operas to care.

Nike using kids to make sneakers for us to buy with our hard-earned cash and all people can say is "Well that's business"
No it's not just business, get off your lazy, ignorant backside and do something to stop this. Join Amnesty International, protest outside stores, write to MPs and Prime Ministers - just do something other than shrug and stuff burgers into your fat, complacent faces.

Just get involved dammit, if you feel strongly enough about this refugee situation, make your voice heard, don't just post in a forum, it changes nothing. Write to newspapers and MPs and Prime Ministers.

But you wont do that. And that makes me sick.
You holier-than-thou types that get on your soap-boxes but do exactly nothing about anything because Buffy is starting soon and what-can-we-do anyway?
Ghandi was just one man, that kid that stood in front of the tanks in Tianneman Square was just one person. You're just one person.
"Singular Action Initiates Plural Awareness" - just do something to change one little thing and it starts from there.

But what happens? Nothing. Nothing at all, because we're all too wrapped up in earning the most money, getting the nicest house, marrying the nicest girl and having kids that look like kids.
We're a nasty little race of self-obsessed me-monkeys, and I don't see that ever changing.
Ever.
Stand up for something you believe in.
Make your voice heard instead of tutting and looking the other way.

But again, nothing. Met with blank stares and confused angry voices.
People start to debate something, but because they dont know about the situation, it descends into shouting and name-calling and killing because we're too arrogant to say "Actually, I don't know everything" or, god forbid, "I'm sorry".
It's all very well putting forward a well-balanced initial view, but you can't defend it because you spend your time watching bullsheet tv shows and hording posessions in nice houses with big doors so you can shut out the nasty world.

People make me sick, but very few people will take the time to consider any points I've raised and just start shouting at me instead of reasonably discussing.
So I'll sit on my boat, waiting for the end so I can paddle off and find a nice,quiet land to start things over again, you can all chuck rocks and spears at me.

Quite frankly, I don't care.
Tue 04/09/01 at 16:43
Regular
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
Smaller measures at higher
> prices.

Not true, I worked in a supermarket part time during my A-levels and degree, when the change took place.

The actual prices didn't change. The number was only bigger because it was price per kilo instead of price per pound.

And we work more hours in a
> week than any other Euro country.

Surely that would be why we'd WANT to join europe.

You're not helping me here Wookiee!

:-)
Tue 04/09/01 at 16:41
Regular
Single currency? Woah! Don't get me started!

Do you really want your tax to help pay for the 20% unemployment in Spain!?

Thought not, and that's just for starters, I could go on....
Tue 04/09/01 at 16:41
"High polygon count"
Craw wrote:
> *packs his bags and wanders off down the chunnel*

*Waves ta-ta!*

;-)
Tue 04/09/01 at 16:40
"High polygon count"
Your Honour wrote:
> The EU is already taking things away from us. Like
> selling stuff in pounds and ounces.
> Why get rid of it? What have we gained? Sod all.

Smaller measures at higher prices.

If you can call that 'gaining'!

Our prices are going up to meet Europe. Our wages aren't. And we work more hours in a week than any other Euro country.
Tue 04/09/01 at 16:39
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
If Wings were The Boss of The World, it would be nice.
Tue 04/09/01 at 16:38
"High polygon count"
The No1 Lemming wrote:
> Im all for a multi cultural society but it annoys me when people try to
> change a country that many thave chosen to live with. I often wonder
> what the point in leaving somewhere is if you want to make the new
> place like the old.

Amen to that.
Tue 04/09/01 at 16:37
"High polygon count"
Craw wrote:
> Christ the romans ruled the world once but do you see the italians
> harping on about it? France ruled this country for 400 years at one
> point yet I dont know a Frenchman (and I know a lot) who gives a
> toss about it?

Maybe because it's longer ago in their history than it is in ours. It will be 'forgotten' in time.

> You only have to look at the arguments over the EU to
> realise this. I for one dont want to be left behind.

And I for one don't want to be swallowed up.

We ARE seperate countries, and while I gladly embrace the future (what future we have, anyway) I don't want to be governed by anyone who I haven't elected. If I don't vote here, that's my choice. No-one's had a say in the Euro MP's, yet we still have to do what we're told. And they're all corrupt anyway.

I'm all for getting along, but I don't see that we have to lose our individuality in order to do it - and I'm not just speaking about Britain here, either.

In almost any European country you care to name, the *public* are doubtful about the snigle currency and the baggage that goes with it - yet we plod ever nearer to it, regardless. Another example of us being led by the nose because SOMEONE ELSE thinks it's best for us.
Tue 04/09/01 at 16:31
Regular
"Acid Casual"
*packs his bags and wanders off down the chunnel*
Tue 04/09/01 at 16:28
Regular
Craw wrote:
You only have to look at the arguments over the EU to
> realise this. I for one dont want to be left behind.

What arguments over the EU? The people not wanting to join?

I don't want to join. Why? Because if we do then I feel that all the characteristics of our country will be lost.

I'm English and I'm proud of it. What's wrong with being proud of our achievements? Why should we willingly choose to melt back into the ocean of europe?

Why shouldn't we be recognised as being different?

Whats wrong with being different?

The EU is already taking things away from us. Like selling stuff in pounds and ounces. Why get rid of it? What have we gained? Sod all.

We are told at school that "everyone is different" and that we should be proud of being different. So why do some people want to just merge in with the rest of Europe, indistiguishable from everyone else?

We have a great history, we need to remember it.

But on the other hand, we shouldn't be blinded to the future by the feats of the past. We should look to the future with hope. Not looking into it going "Oh no."
Tue 04/09/01 at 16:28
Regular
I am not a racist person.

But i do get sick of reverse racism. The way if something happens to a coloured person they can shout racism. For instance there were some allegations of racism when a black man was shot with the imitation gun cigarette lighter. However when the samaraui sword guy got shot in liverpool people did not accuse the police of being anything but trigger happy. both were shot because they threatened the public. You often here about the police being accused of racism because of arresting a black person. This is ridiculous if it is just a part of the enquiries.
Im all for a multi cultural society but it annoys me when people try to change a country that many thave chosen to live with. I often wonder what the point in leaving somewhere is if you want to make the new place like the old. It is important to maintain a balanced society with a well rounded combination of our heritage and looking out for the world. In a multi cultural society all who are willing to contribute should be treated equally and should strive to make a better place for all.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.