GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Humanity is a Virus"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/09/01 at 12:43
Regular
Ok, I am going to rant. Any terms like "You" and "You people" are not directed at anyone here in particular, just in a "people suck" kind of way, so if you take offence?
That's probably because you feel guilty, so deal with it.

I've been reading about this Northern Ireland situation, and it's just another item in a long list of reasons why I despise 95% of the people that inhabit this planet.
I started a thread called "Please help me, I'm an idiot" in the DVD thread, and it ended up with me, Hooplah and Meka basically saying that this planet, as a species, is doomed to fail.

And for no other reason than it's blind stupidity and inability to deal with anything it perceives as different or strange.
Be it bullying kids, idiot religious folk murdering those that disagree (and I don't care what religion you are, murdering is wrong, if you disagree, then you're an idiot that needs more than the concept of heaven to save your worthless soul), people not bothering to learn as much as they can before they die.

There are so many things wrong with us, and we will never ever overcome these things and evolve.
I look around and I see idiot behaviour from most people on this planet.
Be it the mindless fools that decried Brasseye without even watching it, people that think Eminem should be banned, people that ban the teaching of the theory of evolution because it goes against their own beliefs...all good reasons to nuke this stupid planet and start over again.

We've had our chance and we blew it, and continue to blow it every single day that we continue to stumble along and bump into glass doors.
Be it moron tv shows that serve no purpose other than keep you inside and not doing anything positive to change your world, to The Sun - a worthless rag that thinks a football team winning a game is more important than civil war and murder in Rwanda.
I am ashamed to be part of this planet if I stop to think about what an idiotic species we are.

Popstars that think they matter, politicians refusing to hold peace talks because they don't like someone and condemn the rest of us to a lifetime of war and murder.
So many reasons to just hit "Eject" and go somewhere quiet.
Like the moon.

I see it in chimps that hate people because they're from another country, look different, speak funny or don't fit in with what they percieve their version of events to be.
I see it in newspapers that take pride in creating anti-german feelings over a goddamn football match.
Any number of things that are in plain view, but we're too concerned with watching soap operas to care.

Nike using kids to make sneakers for us to buy with our hard-earned cash and all people can say is "Well that's business"
No it's not just business, get off your lazy, ignorant backside and do something to stop this. Join Amnesty International, protest outside stores, write to MPs and Prime Ministers - just do something other than shrug and stuff burgers into your fat, complacent faces.

Just get involved dammit, if you feel strongly enough about this refugee situation, make your voice heard, don't just post in a forum, it changes nothing. Write to newspapers and MPs and Prime Ministers.

But you wont do that. And that makes me sick.
You holier-than-thou types that get on your soap-boxes but do exactly nothing about anything because Buffy is starting soon and what-can-we-do anyway?
Ghandi was just one man, that kid that stood in front of the tanks in Tianneman Square was just one person. You're just one person.
"Singular Action Initiates Plural Awareness" - just do something to change one little thing and it starts from there.

But what happens? Nothing. Nothing at all, because we're all too wrapped up in earning the most money, getting the nicest house, marrying the nicest girl and having kids that look like kids.
We're a nasty little race of self-obsessed me-monkeys, and I don't see that ever changing.
Ever.
Stand up for something you believe in.
Make your voice heard instead of tutting and looking the other way.

But again, nothing. Met with blank stares and confused angry voices.
People start to debate something, but because they dont know about the situation, it descends into shouting and name-calling and killing because we're too arrogant to say "Actually, I don't know everything" or, god forbid, "I'm sorry".
It's all very well putting forward a well-balanced initial view, but you can't defend it because you spend your time watching bullsheet tv shows and hording posessions in nice houses with big doors so you can shut out the nasty world.

People make me sick, but very few people will take the time to consider any points I've raised and just start shouting at me instead of reasonably discussing.
So I'll sit on my boat, waiting for the end so I can paddle off and find a nice,quiet land to start things over again, you can all chuck rocks and spears at me.

Quite frankly, I don't care.
Wed 05/09/01 at 10:12
Regular
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
I know that isn't
> (necessarily) aimed at me, but as I've said before, I believe in
> 'best man for the job'. What I object to is when the best man
> *doesn't* get the job due to the employer needing to meet 'ethnic
> quotas'.

I know what you mean. A company must be seen to have it;s percentage of males, and females, and disabled people, and gay people and foreign people.

It's ridiculous! Ok, if a foreign person is better suited to the job, fine, no complaints from me. But it's when someone who is suited to the job, gets turned down.

Also, moving the topic on a bit, how come it's deemed as sexist if a bloke gets a job at the expense of a female candidate (for wont of a better word), yet if a female gets it at the expense of a male, the same is not said?
Wed 05/09/01 at 10:05
"High polygon count"
Goatboy wrote:
> Because if we all start saying "No, I don't like that"
> then we end up as backwards, retarded, bigoted, small-minded insects
> that deserve spraying and throwing in the bin.

But surely if we *don't* start saying what we do and don't like, we're turning into the mindless automatons that you accuse the press and media of turning us into?

If you encourage people to stand up and protest about things like exploitation of children and civil & human rights, you can't deny people the right to speak out if they don't like immigration etc.?

I'm not saying that they have the right to resort to violence etc., but surely they have the right to express their opinion?

People get labelled as 'bigots' because of their opinion, which is really no different to labelling someone because of their religious beliefs, creed or colour.

> Quite frankly, at the risk of offence, saying "They don't, so why should
> we?" is no argument.

No offence taken (it's a discussion after all), but I wasn't intending to present that comment as an argument. It was simply meant to be another example of the one-way tolerance that people are expected to put up with.

> "Coming over here and taking our jobs, not speaking the language, bloody
> (insert racial slur here). Anyone fancy a
> curry/chinese/pizza?"

I know that isn't (necessarily) aimed at me, but as I've said before, I believe in 'best man for the job'. What I object to is when the best man *doesn't* get the job due to the employer needing to meet 'ethnic quotas'.
Wed 05/09/01 at 09:42
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Because if we all start saying "No, I don't like that" then we end up as backwards, retarded, bigoted, small-minded insects that deserve spraying and throwing in the bin.

Quite frankly, at the risk of offence, saying "They don't, so why should we?" is no argument.
If we all follow each other, we'd be sitting in pools of our waste and laughing at Roy Chubby Brown jokes.

This is not at anyone here, but I have had so many fights with people that are moronic, inbred thumbless funs.

"Coming over here and taking our jobs, not speaking the language, bloody (insert racial slur here). Anyone fancy a curry/chinese/pizza?"

I'd like to round all you people up that think like that and take you on a tour of Auschwitz, because that is where that thinking leads, and if ANYONE thinks that's a good thing, I will personally come round to your house and punch you in the face, hard.

Just shut-up about immigrants taking jobs etc, try working harder yourself at school or job and then you dont need to feel bad because someone of a differnt colour/language made the most of their chances.
Don't blame them for flushing your stupid life down the toilet.

And I'm not talking about ALL immigrants, just as I'm not talking about people that have posted in this thread.
I have had it with intolerant, bigoted fools.
Wed 05/09/01 at 09:31
"High polygon count"
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
> Or move to an Indian/Arab country and ask
> for permission to build a church next to a Mosque. Even if you
> could... see how long it would last.

In an amazing coincidence, as if solely to prove my point, I heard on the news this morning that 10 aid workers in Afghanistan - 2 Americans, 2 Australians and 4 Germans - are facing the death penalty. If found guilty of their crime, they will be hanged.

And what *is* their crime?

"Attempting to spread Christianity."

Now tell me again how we should be tolerant.
Tue 04/09/01 at 21:45
Regular
I'm not bothered about being Welsh. I don't care about being British. European? Don't care.

All I want to be is part of this world. The world is one place. One. Why on earth we can't just walk about it, doing what we want to do is beyond me.

I would love to be able to speak French, Spanish, Italian, Japanese and Cantonese. But I can't. I can't for the life of me grasp languages... even C++ is driving me around the bend. One of the main problems there in school, is that they begin off by teaching you how to say where you live, and what animals you have... pointless exercises.

Perhaps I'm young and naive, and should be ignored, or then perhaps I'm wise beyond my years, but if people want to kill each other over where they're going to end up when they die, I say let them. Natural selection, let the stupid go and blow each others brains out, and I'll live my life as I please.

The things we should concentrate on are making sure our friends and family are happy. Those that are close to us, they deserve our responsibility. Of course, donate to charity to help those in need, and sign that petition to help stop child slave labour, but look into the eyes of your friends, and make sure they are happy. For helping one person to overcome their fears, or to help them understand why life is worth living, does a whole lot more for me than sending a £20 cheque to some charity which I'll never hear from again until they want more money.
Tue 04/09/01 at 20:53
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Rightly said. Some people are right.....Well for the sake of me not getting banned. Bad.

Like paying ittle kids 3p a weak to make nike footballs, How much do they sell them for? 15 quid. Outrage.
Tue 04/09/01 at 20:43
Regular
Would anyone want to be part of the United States of the World?

Concerning nationalism. There's nothing wrong with being proud of your country, of where you're from, but when nationalism looks only "inward", it becomes a problem - it usually degenerates into xenophobia.
What I like about being English is the way (over the years) the English (on the whole) have welcomed new ideas and cultures into the country. Curry is our most popular dish; we have a Swede as our national football team manager. This is what I like about being English - not being afraid to explore new ideas and customs.
Tue 04/09/01 at 20:42
"High polygon count"
The No1 Lemming wrote:
> I genuinely believe we are the greatest nation in Europe

Coorection... the greatest nation NOT in Europe.

I agree with your sentiments - we are NOT part of Europe - there are miles of water between us and them. We may as well be another US State in that case!

I want to be 'European' about as much as the Falkland Islanders want to be Argentinian!
Tue 04/09/01 at 20:25
Regular
It drives me insane this europeanising. I am ENGLISH i do not want to be part of the United states of europe. That is blatantly what europe is trying to go for. In creating the single currency they are trying to draw us together and then force us to become one nation. If they get there way they will bring us down to the lowest common denomenator and destroy englands past as people freely emigrate into britain. I genuinely believe we are the greatest nation in Europe with a good past. We do not have a common language or common Lifestyle to our european counterparts and I think we should say no to Europe. What does europe do for us. It may have some good things like the Common Agricultural Policy but over all britain gets apretty bad deal. Why should we subsidise these other countries. I do not mind giving them support or aid but this should be freely given by the nation and not forcibly taxed out of it by a european parliament.
Tue 04/09/01 at 16:48
"High polygon count"
Your Honour wrote:
> The actual prices didn't change. The number was only bigger
> because it was price per kilo instead of price per pound.

But was that because the supermarket absorbed the increase? Several did.

I remember reading somewhere the differences it made to price/content on several 'essential' products, and we were getting screwed on most of them.

> Surely that would be why we'd WANT to join europe.

Yeah, but my point was that we work longer hours than the rest of Europe for - on average - less money. Some things - i.e. prices - are being brought into line, but wages are not.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.