GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Humanity is a Virus"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/09/01 at 12:43
Regular
Ok, I am going to rant. Any terms like "You" and "You people" are not directed at anyone here in particular, just in a "people suck" kind of way, so if you take offence?
That's probably because you feel guilty, so deal with it.

I've been reading about this Northern Ireland situation, and it's just another item in a long list of reasons why I despise 95% of the people that inhabit this planet.
I started a thread called "Please help me, I'm an idiot" in the DVD thread, and it ended up with me, Hooplah and Meka basically saying that this planet, as a species, is doomed to fail.

And for no other reason than it's blind stupidity and inability to deal with anything it perceives as different or strange.
Be it bullying kids, idiot religious folk murdering those that disagree (and I don't care what religion you are, murdering is wrong, if you disagree, then you're an idiot that needs more than the concept of heaven to save your worthless soul), people not bothering to learn as much as they can before they die.

There are so many things wrong with us, and we will never ever overcome these things and evolve.
I look around and I see idiot behaviour from most people on this planet.
Be it the mindless fools that decried Brasseye without even watching it, people that think Eminem should be banned, people that ban the teaching of the theory of evolution because it goes against their own beliefs...all good reasons to nuke this stupid planet and start over again.

We've had our chance and we blew it, and continue to blow it every single day that we continue to stumble along and bump into glass doors.
Be it moron tv shows that serve no purpose other than keep you inside and not doing anything positive to change your world, to The Sun - a worthless rag that thinks a football team winning a game is more important than civil war and murder in Rwanda.
I am ashamed to be part of this planet if I stop to think about what an idiotic species we are.

Popstars that think they matter, politicians refusing to hold peace talks because they don't like someone and condemn the rest of us to a lifetime of war and murder.
So many reasons to just hit "Eject" and go somewhere quiet.
Like the moon.

I see it in chimps that hate people because they're from another country, look different, speak funny or don't fit in with what they percieve their version of events to be.
I see it in newspapers that take pride in creating anti-german feelings over a goddamn football match.
Any number of things that are in plain view, but we're too concerned with watching soap operas to care.

Nike using kids to make sneakers for us to buy with our hard-earned cash and all people can say is "Well that's business"
No it's not just business, get off your lazy, ignorant backside and do something to stop this. Join Amnesty International, protest outside stores, write to MPs and Prime Ministers - just do something other than shrug and stuff burgers into your fat, complacent faces.

Just get involved dammit, if you feel strongly enough about this refugee situation, make your voice heard, don't just post in a forum, it changes nothing. Write to newspapers and MPs and Prime Ministers.

But you wont do that. And that makes me sick.
You holier-than-thou types that get on your soap-boxes but do exactly nothing about anything because Buffy is starting soon and what-can-we-do anyway?
Ghandi was just one man, that kid that stood in front of the tanks in Tianneman Square was just one person. You're just one person.
"Singular Action Initiates Plural Awareness" - just do something to change one little thing and it starts from there.

But what happens? Nothing. Nothing at all, because we're all too wrapped up in earning the most money, getting the nicest house, marrying the nicest girl and having kids that look like kids.
We're a nasty little race of self-obsessed me-monkeys, and I don't see that ever changing.
Ever.
Stand up for something you believe in.
Make your voice heard instead of tutting and looking the other way.

But again, nothing. Met with blank stares and confused angry voices.
People start to debate something, but because they dont know about the situation, it descends into shouting and name-calling and killing because we're too arrogant to say "Actually, I don't know everything" or, god forbid, "I'm sorry".
It's all very well putting forward a well-balanced initial view, but you can't defend it because you spend your time watching bullsheet tv shows and hording posessions in nice houses with big doors so you can shut out the nasty world.

People make me sick, but very few people will take the time to consider any points I've raised and just start shouting at me instead of reasonably discussing.
So I'll sit on my boat, waiting for the end so I can paddle off and find a nice,quiet land to start things over again, you can all chuck rocks and spears at me.

Quite frankly, I don't care.
Tue 11/09/01 at 15:15
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Goatboy wrote:
> *pop*

Just in case anyone else wants to bemone the state of our
> stupid species and the rapidly approaching Rapture.

But not at
> the hands of a vengeaful god - we can wipe ourselves out with no
> help from ancient superstitions and belief systems based on fear and
> respect.

Well, I'm in here.
This is scary and worrying, who the hell knows what this is starting?
I do know that this will not stop with America prosecuting.
The USA are going to hit with everthing they have, and it escalates from there.

Didn't take floods or CFCs eroding the atmosphere.
It took some bigoted, intolerant folk that lacked the ability to sit down and discuss things like adults.

I'm saddened but not surprised.
Tue 11/09/01 at 13:50
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
*pop*

Just in case anyone else wants to bemone the state of our stupid species and the rapidly approaching Rapture.

But not at the hands of a vengeaful god - we can wipe ourselves out with no help from ancient superstitions and belief systems based on fear and respect.

Nope, this ignorant herd we are part of will annihalate ourselves with little or no help required from anyone else.
I heard a theory that this planet is a living organism, and that is fact.
And, like all organisms, when it percieves it's under threat it reacts to destory to intruder.
We have anti-bodies and injections against flu bugs etc.

The Earth has famine, floods, typhoons, plagues, diseases that can kill you with no cure (AIDS, Ebola Zaire/Mayinga).
We're on a ticking clock folks, and there ain't a damn thing we can about it.

Enjoy the rest of your day.
Fri 07/09/01 at 02:03
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
SHEEPY wrote:
> Goatboy wrote:
> I know the feeling

*Wonders if he is
> extracting the urine*

Not at all mate, I never joke about things that make my head ache.
I just meant "I'm tired of thinking about this stuff as well right now"

74 replies in one day shows that it inspired a reaction.
If just one person reads this and joins Amnesty International, or stops to give a homeless guy a fag or 20p, or the next time someone starts to talk racist, ignorant nonsense you say "I'm sorry I wont listen to this" and simply leave, then I feel like my passion wasn't wasted.

I just read the way The Sun and The Mirror presents it's version of events, and the fact is a majority of people think that's a newspaper (the most read one in Europe actually).
Most people won't stop to think "Hang on, maybe that isn't the whole story", or perhaps realise that a singer with a fake-lip ring is not deserving of a front-page story.

But it won't make any difference, we're just beating our heads against a wall.
Esso are coming under flak for their attitudes towards environmentally friendly ethics.
And the thing that is most upsetting people about Esso, is that George W Bush pulled out of a summit on waste-pollution control on their request.
And guess who contributed 1.4 million dollars to his campaign fund?

That's right, Esso did.
See, those are the things that are easily available from any news-source, but not one mention in The Tabloids, it's all about England winning football and immigrants.

I'm starting to rant again and it's too late in the morning fr this, i have to try and sleep now
Wed 05/09/01 at 20:53
Regular
"I like cheese"
I'm afraid I have to agree with Venom, that this topic has too many replies to read. I also feel a little young to be replying to this topic, and also rather ashamed. I would go on and on about how bad our country is, and how people should start acting properly etc, but I'm one of the people who don't actually make a difference, or at least haven't really tried yet.

But I will say one thing...countries such as...I don't know, Brazil for example. Parts of Brazil are very poor, but I've seen and read a lot about it, and does it seem to you that these people get on better than we do? Does it seem that people who live in poorer countries, pull together better and work harder to be friends with each other? I'm not sure, I expect I'm talking total crap, but I do sometimes get the feeling that people in 'worse' situations than us get on a lot better....
Wed 05/09/01 at 19:38
Regular
"smile, it's free"
74 replies in one day?

Sounds the sort of topic I'd like to join in on, but to read 70-odd replies to check what points have already been raised, and think about them, is too much.

I'll jump in on something of the imigrant issue though (despite the fact there's plenty of other threads I could do that in, where this point may or may not have been raised a few times).

I don't think that people here are particularly racist, but just frustrated. Frustrated at an incompetent government floudering with the failing economy of what was once one of the most powerful countries in the world. People are annoyed with all their personal problems, be it with the society, their jobs, the monotous nature of it all, and looking to place the blame. So they blame the illegal immigrants. They who cometh here and bleed our country dry, as we seem to think. Oh, and anyone else who looks like they might have been an illegal immigrant, too.
Wed 05/09/01 at 18:04
Regular
"Excommunicated"
You forgot to add that the issues of life are absolute bollards.

Hearald for me thank you very much... even if it is near impossible to read (area of it).
Wed 05/09/01 at 17:57
Regular
"Bored, Bored, Bored"
SHEEPY wrote: Just to back the case of moron Britain... THE SUN is the most popular paper by a long shot... What does that show you?

That a vast majority of this nation can't grasp the issues of life without having them spoon-fed to them by a pair of breasts.
Wed 05/09/01 at 17:55
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Goatboy wrote:
> I know the feeling

*Wonders if he is extracting the urine*

:-P

I can sense by the tone of your voice
Wed 05/09/01 at 17:53
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Just to back the case of moron Britain... THE SUN is the most popular paper by a long shot... What does that show you?
Wed 05/09/01 at 17:52
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I know the feeling

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.