GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA Double Pack"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/12/03 at 22:14
Regular
"Remember me?"
Me has got it. Woo!

*dances*

It's proper bo to say the least. I hadn't actually played Vice City before today and I was quite surprised by how much extra gameplay was crammed into it since GTAIII. Motorbikes, jumping out of moving cars, riding on top of moving cars whilst shooting(!)... needless to say I'll be playing these for aaaaaages.
Sat 03/01/04 at 15:18
"slightlyshortertagl"
Kernel, you really are a fap-face
Sat 03/01/04 at 15:17
Regular
"wats up doc?"
First of all, the gta double pack does'nt feature any new games. They just copied the pc game, put both in 1 box, and sell it for £40 and people say its great!.

Just think for 1 min, if rockstart werent going down, then why did they brough the gta series to xbox? By rockstar going down, I mean the gta department, other games like max payne.

They brought the gta series to xbox to make some money so they can keep the GTA running. If they were to bring a new game to xbox, they would of created a new game, not to copy one from the PC. The only reason they copied the PC version and brought it to xbox, was to make money. If you concenterate, you will see its exactly same as the pc version, no improvements.

I think they have already started making GTA 4 (GTA IIII) , that seems to be 10 times better than double pack, but is'nt going to be released till end 2004, or early 2005.
Sat 03/01/04 at 15:02
Regular
8.9/10 from XOM for the GTA Double Pack

Surely it deserves more if the PC games are anything to go by

Maybe they're just arriving a bit late, most people who want them have them already.
Sat 03/01/04 at 14:33
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Kernal wrote:
> Do you seriusly think GTA double pack is going to be popular?

Yes, I bought it even though I already have the PS2 versions, so I'll be traded them in for something else soon.

> Rockstar is seriusly going DOWN, they're bringing GTA III wich was
> released in 2001, on to the xbox. Thats not going to make xbox any
> better. Why bother to bring a 2001 game onto a 2004 console???

It may be an old game but it's still one of the very best.

> Vice City is new, but still released in 2002. True crime was
> released on 7 NOV 2003. Much better graphics, and gameplay.

Each to their own opinion I suppose, but True Crime has better gameplay over Vice City? I really don't understand how anyone can think that, and I think Vice City has better visuals than TC. It has better animation, better lighting effects and has a much more solid feel to it.

> Unless rockstar bring the next GTA, wich is GTA 4 they will keep going > down.

When did they ever START going down?

> They should bring a descent game on a descent console.

The X-Box has many decent games, R63, PGR2, KOTOR, MM3, Splinter Cell, Soul Calibur 2, Halo and soon Halo 2, plus there are many more.

> But GTA, released in 2001 is one of the oldest games. And its bringing > xbox's reputation down!

The GTA double pack can only strengthen the X-box's reputation even further, it certainly won't damage it.
Sat 03/01/04 at 14:21
Regular
"tokyo police club"
ËÏi†è ¢h@ø$ wrote:
> Kernal wrote:
> And Theres nothing in GTA that you cant do on True Crime (exept
> about
> flying planes, riding bikes or boats)

Hahah. you can do everything in GTA what you can do in True Crime.Minus 3 major game mechanics. Oh well

> And true Crime has much more
> graphic's in it.

This is just getting better. 'More graphic's'? And what? As I've said, graphics don't necessarily make a great game.

> Over 50 weapons (thats twice than V city and GTA
> III
> together!)

That's a lie - i can recall at least 15 weapons from GTA3, and there's more in GTA:VC, so hush

> and TC hs got a branching storyline, and a double fisted
> fire power (shoot any 2 weapons at once!)

Woo! it's still poor.
Sat 03/01/04 at 14:17
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Kernal wrote:
> xbox is descent released in end 2003.

Er... what?

> released in 2001 is one of the oldest games. And its bringing xbox's
> reputation down!

I fecking HATE superficial gamers like you.
'But this one has betterer grafiks'
So what? does that make it a better game? Does it mean that it plays better, feels better and has better gameplay? Does it feck.
Sat 03/01/04 at 13:58
Regular
"Unretired"
Kernal wrote:
> And Theres nothing in GTA that you cant do on True Crime (exept about
> flying planes, riding bikes or boats) And true Crime has much more
> graphic's in it. Over 50 weapons (thats twice than V city and GTA III
> together!) and TC hs got a branching storyline, and a double fisted
> fire power (shoot any 2 weapons at once!)

Erm, I never found above 10 weapons in true crime when I rented it, probably the worst game I have ever rented.. (That says a lot.. I once rented the sims!)
Sat 03/01/04 at 12:34
Regular
"Touched!"
True Crime is utter guff: Fact of the day.
Sat 03/01/04 at 12:23
Regular
"Ye a know"
True crime is rubbish, this is from personal experience and all the terrible reviews it got
Sat 03/01/04 at 12:14
Regular
"wats up doc?"
Do you seriusly think GTA double pack is going to be popular?
Rockstar is seriusly going DOWN, theyr bringing GTA III wich was released in 2001, on the xbox. Thats not going to make xbox any better. Why bother to bring a 2001 game into a 2004 console???

Just think for 1 min, then you'l understand.
And Vice City is new, but still released in 2002. True crime was released on 7 NOV 2003. Much better graphics, and gameplay.

Unless rockstar bring the next GTA, wich is the GTA 4 ( GTA IIII) they will keep going down. You should bring a descent game on a descent console, xbox is descent released in end 2003. But GTA, released in 2001 is one of the oldest games. And its bringing xbox's reputation down!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.