GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA Double Pack"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/12/03 at 22:14
Regular
"Remember me?"
Me has got it. Woo!

*dances*

It's proper bo to say the least. I hadn't actually played Vice City before today and I was quite surprised by how much extra gameplay was crammed into it since GTAIII. Motorbikes, jumping out of moving cars, riding on top of moving cars whilst shooting(!)... needless to say I'll be playing these for aaaaaages.
Sun 04/01/04 at 17:41
Regular
"Swivel!"
So Rickoss, u say True Crime i scrap, and i strongly agree, then u give it 10 out of 10, and 3.1 to GTA, why?
Sun 04/01/04 at 13:38
Regular
o.O
Sun 04/01/04 at 13:37
Regular
They may be old games, but does that make them in any way bad? No. You could say that Wind Waker is better than the Zelda Collector's Edition because it has better graphics and an improved combat system, but you'd be wrong. Because Zelda: CE is probably one of the best discs you'll ever find.

It's the same with True Crime and GTA: Double Pack. True may be fresher, and have bullet time (it may, but I honestly wouldn't know), it may have prettier graphics (which it doesn't, by the way, it looks forking awful) and you may want to feel Nick Kang's biceps. But the fact is, as a game it's absolute crap.

GTA isn't. GTA's a fun game to play, it's doesn't force you to do anything and just messing aroudn in the pedestrian-filled streets is a good laugh; you don't have do the missions, and I don't most of them are pretty rubbish. But you can play it whenever, you don't need to sit down for 3-hour long, engrossing experience. Just a bit of fun.

True is different in that you can't sit down and play it for 5 minutes before realising it's complete and utter crud, playing with a steaming piece of crap is more thrilling, and it's not like you get treated to any sort of visual treat or humour. Simply an alright soundtrack and the chance to get Snoop Dog the crap beaten out of him.

my rating are that this follows:

true crime streets of la : 10/10
gta double: 3.1/10

see proof that true crime best ever see
Sun 04/01/04 at 12:34
Regular
"Swivel!"
One more thing 'Kernal'. I got Double pack for £30 for Xbox. Plus there are so many glitches in True Crime.
Sat 03/01/04 at 17:11
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Kernel, I can't help but laugh at you.
Sat 03/01/04 at 17:09
Regular
I was literally on the brink of crying with laughter after reading this post. Oh, and what are you, typing with your face or something?

Kernal wrote:
> GTA will NEVER EVER beat True Crime. Thats a FACT.
> True Crime is a vice city beater, did'nt you know??

Don't you know that if you truly are sincere with that comment (and if you are, my faith in mankind dwindles), that you have the worst taste in the history of the universe ever times infinity plus one?

> And Theres nothing in GTA that you cant do on True Crime (exept about
> flying planes, riding bikes or boats) And true Crime has much more
> graphic's in it. Over 50 weapons (thats twice than V city and GTA III
> together!) and TC hs got a branching storyline, and a double fisted
> fire power (shoot any 2 weapons at once!)

Except flying planes, riding bikes, driving boats, climbing buildings, exploring a richly designed city... having fun? You cannot just dismiss all of that; the fact that you do so rashly is a testimony to your feeble argument. "True Crime has much more graphics"? Ahem. Personally, I think they look bland and undetailed. Who gives a damn anyway? Over 50 weapons, you say. Vice City overcomplicated matters by adding in too many of them anyway, and the ten or so that GTA3 had were perfect.

> GTA double pack is only famouse cause of V CITY, GTA III is not worth
> a penny!

You're getting two of the greatest games of this generation. For £39.99 RRP is damn good.

> But Trur Cime is way better, True Crime beated vice city by 2.4
> POINTS out of 10. Thats quit a LOT.

Beat it by 2.4 points on what? Your scale? That makes no sense.

> But very soon, GTA would be defeated by True Crime, ONCE AND FOR
> ALL!!!
> Unless GTA 4 comes out, wich I dont think it will!

Defeated? Once and for all? This isn't a war. It's just a simple understanding that anyone with remotely good taste in anything can see that both 3D GTA's easily surpass the rushed cash-in effort that was True Crime.
Sat 03/01/04 at 16:56
Regular
Your Olympic Hero wrote:
> ....for the people saying 3 is better, what are your reasons?

Liberty City design > Vice City design
GTA3 overall design > GTA VC overall design
GTA3 missions > GTA VC missions
GTA3 gameplay dynamics = GTA VC gameplay dynamics

That is why.
Sat 03/01/04 at 15:45
Regular
"Touched!"
Kernal wrote:
> First of all, the gta double pack does'nt feature any new games. They
> just copied the pc game, put both in 1 box, and sell it for £40
> and people say its great!.

No new features? Improved and stable framerate in the Xbox version, new car designs in some cases, new textures etc. Get your facts right first.
Sat 03/01/04 at 15:27
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Rockstar*
Sat 03/01/04 at 15:26
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Just because Roickstar are releasing older games on another console doesn't mean they are in any kind of financial trouble. They have seen an opportunity to make some money (a lot of money) and that's what businesses are all about.

If you could make a few million pounds without really doing anything for it, I bet you would do the same.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.