GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EXTRA EXTRA GAMEADAY PRIZE (wedding speech)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/08/01 at 22:54
Regular
There is only one prize available and will can only be won IF I use parts of your speech in my speech at my daughter's wedding on Friday.

If I don't use any parts of any of the speeches submitted then there will be no prize.

The closing date is MIDNIGHT WEDNESDAY 22nd AUGUST.

The speech starts with these words:

I wonder why we GIVE away our daughters in England. BUT - DON'T USE THIS IN YOUR SPEECH PLEASE. It's just intended be a one liner which implies that they get paid for their daughters in other countries.

You carry on and write the rest (please)

Help!

Sarah is 5' 2" and Wayne is about 6' 4". They met while they were working in the Special Reserve shop in Chelmsford. Wayne was the supervisor then! He was a PC technician at the time, now he's a jet-setting systems guru.
Tue 21/08/01 at 20:47
"possibly impossible"
Several lines you can use:

If you ever want to make time fly, have a daughter. Realising I was about to become a father-in-law, I could swear I’ve missed a decade somewhere!

At this time in the speech, it’s typical for the father to produce some mildly embarassing stories from the Bride’s past to make her blush, but I have a feeling that she has a lot more information on me than me on her, so in the interests of my own self preservation, I think I’ll skip this part.

Statistics prove that at least 50% of all people that get married around this time of year are women…we weren’t sure about the others.

I can say for sure that Sarah has always brightened up my life, but this may well be because she never switches the lights off…

I believe George Nathan
Summed it up best when he said “Marriage is based on the theory that when a man discovers a particular brand of beer exactly to his taste, he should at once throw in his job and go to work in the brewery”
Tue 21/08/01 at 19:21
Regular
OF course they know it's tony!
Tue 21/08/01 at 19:19
Regular
I'm tony? What do you mean?
Tue 21/08/01 at 19:17
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
I wonder why we GIVE away our daughters in England. I imagined seeing Sarah meet a man like Wayne but in the Hawaiian tropics with a beautiful sunset. Who would have thought that she would have met Wayne in a Special Reserve Shop in a Chelmsford Branch? Well, certainly not me. Sarah and Wayne are the perfect couple and I am the proudest father in the world at the moment. I never though that I would get to give away my daughter, but, I stand here now with a huge smile on my face and the lightest heart in the world. Sarah, Wayne, I wish you all the best in the future and if you ever need anything, I'm here. Again, I wish you all the best in the future. Thank you very much. I'm Tony, enjoy the food and drink.
Tue 21/08/01 at 19:10
Regular
"everyone says it"
I thought some of the things I said were pretty cooool!

:)
Tue 21/08/01 at 18:59
Regular
I wonder why we GIVE away our daughters in England.
To people like Wayne here (raises glass towards him), who I had the pleasure of working with for so many years.
When Sarah began to work just a few steps away in the special reserve offices my work life became more enjoyable, but now on this day she is mature enough to marry a great guy like Wayne and on this day has made me even more proud of her.
I am sure he will look after her very well and for that i would like you all to take a toast for a great future for this lovely couple. And Wayne hope you come back from your honeymoon ready to fix our PC's cos who knows what might happen to them without you!
Tue 21/08/01 at 18:53
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
As we seem to be heading slightly in the wrong direction here I have changed the task slightly:

the first line of the speech is:
I wonder why we GIVE away our daughters in England.

BUT - DON'T USE THIS IN YOUR SPEECH PLEASE. It's just intended be a one liner which implies that they get paid for their daughters in other countries.

Just forget that bit - I'm not after reasons. Imagine some anonymous wedding and try to think of "cool" things to say. Please.
Tue 21/08/01 at 18:41
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Seifer wrote:
> Does this mean that it is going in Tony?? Could do with an extra game!

Only the best one which goes into the speech will win the extra game.
Tue 21/08/01 at 18:41
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Seifer wrote:
> Does this mean that it is going in Tony?? Could do with an extra game!
Tue 21/08/01 at 18:36
I wonder why we GIVE away our daughters in England-Well thats simple.We give them away because we cant be bothered to look at them anymore after what seems a lifetime of unhappy sstaring.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.