GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EXTRA EXTRA GAMEADAY PRIZE (wedding speech)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/08/01 at 22:54
Regular
There is only one prize available and will can only be won IF I use parts of your speech in my speech at my daughter's wedding on Friday.

If I don't use any parts of any of the speeches submitted then there will be no prize.

The closing date is MIDNIGHT WEDNESDAY 22nd AUGUST.

The speech starts with these words:

I wonder why we GIVE away our daughters in England. BUT - DON'T USE THIS IN YOUR SPEECH PLEASE. It's just intended be a one liner which implies that they get paid for their daughters in other countries.

You carry on and write the rest (please)

Help!

Sarah is 5' 2" and Wayne is about 6' 4". They met while they were working in the Special Reserve shop in Chelmsford. Wayne was the supervisor then! He was a PC technician at the time, now he's a jet-setting systems guru.
Thu 23/08/01 at 13:01
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Thanks for all the input.

I'll be back here on Saturday - and I will post my who speech if I have time.

If there's a winner I'll announce it then.

Thanks again.
Wed 22/08/01 at 23:37
Regular
But of course.
Wed 22/08/01 at 23:36
"possibly impossible"
The wedding is Friday, but Tony needs to write the speech tonight (for fear that Fate will check up on him?!)
Wed 22/08/01 at 23:33
Regular
I guess the wedding's tommorow...
Wed 22/08/01 at 22:43
"possibly impossible"
Nearly ended, then? That was a quick extra GAD! Anyone else?
Wed 22/08/01 at 20:04
Hmm, well the wedding in Monty Python and the Holy Grail has many great quotes in it (as in you could quote what is said). For example, "Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who!", your daughter will love you for it.

Anyway, that's a terrible begining for your speech (hmm, I've just lost all chances of gameaday haven't I?), not only does it seem unoriginal but in the good old days (very old days) they did used to have an exchange of money so that the father would let the suitor marry his daughter. I think it was to make up for the cost of bringing her up or something, a shame that tradition has fallen into disuse.

Remember, when writing a speech for a wedding say things about how horrific it will be and if you have any use an anecdote from your own marriage (if you've had one, I'm not one to judge you if you haven't) which proves the point in a hilarious way. Don't forget to say "I'm no good at speeches" and remember that a single tear will go a long way. Hmm, what else... Oh yes, you must threaten Wayne in a joking manner twice, no more, no less.

As for length there are two ways to go, short snappy and to the point ("I'm no good at speeches, and while there are no words to express how I feel I would like my daughter to know that my thoughts will go with her and that I wish her eternal happiness with Wayne. To Sarah and Wayne"). Hmm, that's a good one, use that. Oh or you can use an extended speech which must be kept going for one to two short anecdotes, followed by a request to Wayne to look after her and finishing with a show of your feelings as above and don't forget to throw in a couple of good jokes.

Well anyway, have fun and take no offence from my offensive post, it was meant partially in jest. The bit about the line you have being bad was the serious bit... Only kidding, have fun.
Wed 22/08/01 at 19:42
Regular
ER-no......
Wed 22/08/01 at 19:32
Regular
"Bring back Mullets"
You could use these somewhere in the speech-

As you slide down the bannister of life,
May the splinters never point the wrong way

May all your ups and downs
come only in the bedroom
Wed 22/08/01 at 03:16
Tony, I apoligize for calling your daughter Susan in my last post! I meant Sarah but called her Susam!Don't change your mind about choosing my post because I called your daughter Susan!!!!

P.S. Many apoligies
Wed 22/08/01 at 02:51
Right - i'm off for a while now, so Tony, enjoy your daughter's wedding - congratulations!

I'm sure you'll have a very proud and wonderful day, and i'm sure your speech will be both hilarious and tear-jerking!

P.S. Just remember, the speeches are usually fairly late in the day - so don't get drunk beforehand....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.